• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc saving max account

Does savings max have RM facility? AFAIK savings max doesn't have RM facility but while calling today to customer care for some issue got a message like-
Dear Valued HDFC Bank Customer, skip the long queues! We noticed your recent call to our Customer Care. Get a premium experience with your dedicated Relationship Manager (RM), Miss **********, available on +91********for all banking needs 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (excluding Sundays & Bank holidays).

Does savings max have RM facility? AFAIK savings max doesn't have RM facility but while calling today to customer care for some issue got a message like-
Dear Valued HDFC Bank Customer, skip the long queues! We noticed your recent call to our Customer Care. Get a premium experience with your dedicated Relationship Manager (RM), Miss **********, available on +91********for all banking needs 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (excluding Sundays & Bank holidays).
You should be part of any one of these segment https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/save/high-networth-banking/premier-banking
Login to your netbanking and search for any name of these segments existing for your account.

I have an Imperia account. And i want to add my wife under imperia banking so for that the branch M asked me to open Savings max account to which will be tagged under imperia family banking smtng. So he took a cheque of 25k and he told after 2 3 days once account opens it will be tagged Imperia. Is that ok ? Or I should have asked him for 10k minimum balance account.

Btw he did provide me a locker finally. I was ok to pay charges yearly but wanted a bank locker near my home.

I have an Imperia account. And i want to add my wife under imperia banking so for that the branch M asked me to open Savings max account to which will be tagged under imperia family banking smtng. So he took a cheque of 25k and he told after 2 3 days once account opens it will be tagged Imperia. Is that ok ? Or I should have asked him for 10k minimum balance account.

Btw he did provide me a locker finally. I was ok to pay charges yearly but wanted a bank locker near my home.
Yes you could have asked for 10k account. If you don't have a problem to maintain 25k then it's ok.
If HDFC gave you a locker then you are surely somebody bigwig and lucky.

Yes you could have asked for 10k account. If you don't have a problem to maintain 25k then it's ok.
If HDFC gave you a locker then you are surely somebody bigwig and lucky.
No no I am not a bigwng at all. I am still surprised how even i Got imperia, so does my wife need to maintain 25k balance ? I told him to open 10k balance account but he told u will be charged for debit card upfront so better open savings max and then my wife's will be tagged under imperia family banking.

My relationships with hdfc
10yrs old sal account
Term life of 2cr with hdfc life.
9L limit regalia gold card
Account balance always less than 1L.
Thats all

No no I am not a bigwng at all. I am still surprised how even i Got imperia, so does my wife need to maintain 25k balance ? I told him to open 10k balance account but he told u will be charged for debit card upfront so better open savings max and then my wife's will be tagged under imperia family banking.

My relationships with hdfc
10yrs old sal account
Term life of 2cr with hdfc life.
9L limit regalia gold card
Account balance always less than 1L.
Thats all
Yes she needs to maintain 25k.
Now, If you make your account program as ' classic' or 'preferred' and then make a family group & add your wife's account, then balance will counted & taken of the whole group, i.e. your account+wife's account, and then she won't have to maintain any balance.

Yes she needs to maintain 25k.
Now, If you make your account program as ' classic' or 'preferred' and then make a family group & add your wife's account, then balance will counted & taken of the whole group, i.e. your account+wife's account, and then she won't have to maintain any balance.
Yes. But mine is salary account. So ideally i dont maintain any balance. Once salary credited i divert funds and maintain always less than 1L smtmes less than 50k . THE BM told me that he will group under family banking even the RM told she will do it. So i that case does we have to maintain ?

I chased him for nd met him 3 times in the branch. He was pushing me for investment i was pushing him for locker without any investments. I clearly told him my priority is not free locker its locker near home if u are not giving sbi,bob near me will give just need to wait for couple if months as bob branch is new ,sbi already agreed for locker at 50k fd so i had done my homework for better negotiation with him, i clearly told him its ok if u dont give me also dont expect any investment in return. All incan do i open couple for family accounts and make sure its tagged under infinia.

Also one thing when he opened a new savings max account he told it will be under a new customer id. Is that fine ?.

Last edited:
Yes. But mine is salary account. So ideally i dont maintain any balance. Once salary credited i divert funds and maintain always less than 1L smtmes less than 50k . THE BM told me that he will group under family banking even the RM told she will do it. So i that case does we have to maintain ?

I chased him for nd met him 3 times in the branch. He was pushing me for investment i was pushing him for locker without any investments. I clearly told him my priority is not free locker its locker near home if u are not giving sbi,bob near me will give just need to wait for couple if months as bob branch is new ,sbi already agreed for locker at 50k fd so i had done my homework for better negotiation with him, i clearly told him its ok if u dont give me also dont expect any investment in return. All incan do i open couple for family accounts and make sure its tagged under infinia.

Also one thing when he opened a new savings max account he told it will be under a new customer id. Is that fine ?.
1) if it's in classic/preferred/imperia as per your salary (not as per sb balance or fd), then you and your wife don't have to maintain any balance.
2) new savings max account for your wife? Yes it will be a new customer ID for her, and then it's 'linked' to your account customer ID and made as a group.

1) if it's in classic/preferred/imperia as per your salary (not as per sb balance or fd), then you and your wife don't have to maintain any balance.
2) new savings max account for your wife? Yes it will be a new customer ID for her, and then it's 'linked' to your account customer ID and made as a group.
Yes new savings max account for my wife which the BM asked me to open. He told if we open 10k account there will be debit card charges deduction.

Ideally it should hVe been preferred as per salary but may be due to some other relations with HDFC apart from salary which they would have converted to Imperia. I am ok with preferred also no issues.

Basically its a new branch so they are fooling many around. He clearly told me do initial funding of 5L for choice account no as I have a target. Some other customer the branch employee was asking for 5L initial funding for savings max account 😂. And he also asked to maintain 1L he thought i am under classic. 😅.

I got the locker so did not want to end up in any discussion otherwise i could have clearly showed him my account details shows no balance maintenance reqd.

All the information you want is already readily available, only thing required of you is to use the magnifying glass 🔍. There was no need to create another thread.

Nonetheless, if possible, I recommend straightaway entering the Classic Banking programme with a cheque of 1 lakh.

This gives you a 25k Savings Max with free debit card just like it would normally, but, being in the programme, you essentially get a zero balance account. They may downgrade you back to your account level (SBMAX) but until they do, you have a zero balance account.

Eligibility and offers for credit cards are a whole different beast altogether with a logic that defies all logic you could possibly apply.
What are the other pros in Classic account over max savings account ?

Back