• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Savings Max - Worth It ?

DEEP_RAY

TF Select
Have received "Savings Max Upgrade" Email. I am aware of basic features.
Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 9.16.47 PM.png

Anyone please help me one following queries ->

1. I have applied for Millennia. Is it chargeable or will be free for Savings Max holder. Branch seems confused.
2. Is it easy to downgrade to Regular Savings account ?
3. Or keeping 10K in normal savings and doing 15K (7%) FD is better option ?

View attachment 7971

1. I have applied for Millennia. Is it chargeable or will be free for Savings Max holder. Branch seems confused.
All DC's are free for savings max account.
Savings max is a better value for money product in my opinion.
Almost every thing is free.

View attachment 7971

Why are you opting for Millenia instead of the Easyshop Platinum card? If you have credit card bills to pay (non HDFC, non IDFC) then Easyshop Platinum Visa card is a far better choice.
Note: What is given below works with Easyshop Platinum Visa card. If you want to get the 400 rupees on Millenia then you cannot do it this way

Please read this:

Last edited:
Why are you opting for Millenia instead of the Easyshop Platinum card? If you have credit card bills to pay (non HDFC, non IDFC) then Easyshop Platinum Visa card is a far better choice.
Note: What is given below works with Easyshop Platinum Visa card. If you want to get the 400 rupees on Millenia then you cannot do it this way

Please read this:
Actually I applied for Millennia Debit card a week before and I got this email today.

View attachment 7971

Yes, Worth it.

Closed millenia debit card and take Easy shop platinum, it is free for Max account + 1% cashback upto Rs. 750/ month on utility bill payment including credit card.

What if i open saving max account for ladies in urban location by doing fd of 1Lakh.

So there will be no compulsion on keeping any running balance in account.

Now the main doubt or question is,

can I opt for money maximizer facility if my running balance goes above 5k ?
Or should I maintain another 1 lakh running balance so than amount above 1 Lakh will be automatically opt for money maximizer??

Last edited:

Please read this:
I am a student and it's hard for me to maintain 25k but i can maintain 10k and also I have millennia debit card can I get 1% cashback with hdfc bill pay?

I am a student and it's hard for me to maintain 25k but i can maintain 10k and also I have millennia debit card can I get 1% cashback with hdfc bill pay?
U get max 400₹ per month in Millinea
They will credit cashback points after 90 days
And these points lapse in 1 year

Where as in visa platinum cashback points will be credited within 5 days

On Wednesday HDFC charged twice for Platinum debit card issuance fee Rs 885 + 885. Even though they sent me two cards, I blocked first card for some reasons.

I raised a complaint regarding this and they reversed issuance fee of both cards, total amount of Rs 1770 today 😄

On Wednesday HDFC charged twice for Platinum debit card issuance fee Rs 885 + 885. Even though they sent me two cards, I blocked first card for some reasons.

I raised a complaint regarding this and they reversed issuance fee of both cards, total amount of Rs 1770 today 😄
Is your account regular savings account or Savings max account?

View attachment 7971

If you are having savings max account, just do a annual fd of min 1.5 lac.. your account will become 0 mab

View attachment 7971

Did you upgrade or not? If you regularly maintain more than 25k, it is a good option.

Back