• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Super Premium Cards Eligibility hiked!!!

HDFC has been working on it since many years and unknowingly had leaks as well.

Yeah i was also thinking the same, they won't go through all this trouble just for nothing,.

Btw thanks for consolidating all the leaks and evidence together

It appears that HDFC realized, they do not need a more premier card than infinia in the current market. So, possibly the plan for infinia reserve was real but assessing the competition, they decided not to go ahead looking at competition.

It appears that HDFC realized, they do not need a more premier card than infinia in the current market. So, possibly the plan for infinia reserve was real but assessing the competition, they decided not to go ahead looking at competition.
Yep, I agree. 3-4 yrs is too long a time for any card to be launched...they can't be planning something like this and writing codes towards launching it for ages. I was fortunate to have read a comparison between Infinia & Infinia Reserve in terms of their rewards & benefits on X somewhere 😀. Some folks are much ahead in time. Even if those leaks are to be believed, Reserve falls shorts of my expectations of being an ultra premium card.

Infina is their golden goose and same for the folks using it really well. Infact, I think, they at some point will start distinguishing between Infina Metal and Plastic given Metal usually isn't issued LTF and comes with a more premium pricing. Additional benefits on Metal would intrigue people holding Infinia plastic to move to Metal variant which will also align their strategy of phasing out plastic cards and also the ones with LTF pricing in super premium category.

Last edited:
Yep, I agree. 3-4 yrs is too long a time for any card to be launched...they can't be planning something like this and writing codes towards launching it for ages. I was fortunate to have read a comparison between Infinia & Infinia Reserve in terms of their rewards & benefits 😀.
Even if those leaks are to be believed, Reserve falls shorts of my expectations of being an ultra premium card.

Infina is their golden goose and same for the folks using it really well. Infact, I think, they at some point will start distinguishing between Infina Metal and Plastic given Metal usually isn't issued LTF and comes with a more premium pricing. Additional benefits on Metal would intrigue people holding Infinia plastic to move to Metal variant which will also align their strategy of phasing out plastic cards and also the ones with LTF pricing in super premium category.
Differentiating Infinia PVC from Infinia Metal and offering FYF upgrade from former to latter makes sense as they're doing the same for DCB PVC to DCB Metal

But they haven't introduced any differences between Infinia and Metal till now unlike DCB Metal which at launch was a slightly better product then PVC,
So they'll have to improve Infinia Metal, which i don't know what else there is to improve
or they'll have to devalue Infinia PVC, which will put a dent to HDFCs reputation

With their latest update on eligibility criteria HDFC has made it much more difficult to get Infinia, DCB and Regalia Gold.

Will their strategy work? They will definitely lose market share.

CardSalaried (per month)Self-Employed (ITR)Govt. (per month)
Infinia5 L60 L3.5 L
DCB2.5 L30 L1.75 L
Regalia Gold1.5 L18 L1 L

As expected, this change does not impact renewals of existing card holders.

and meanwhile my ULIP investment will continue to flourish for the coming 15 to 20 years time.. nice tax free retriment benefit...
Look at below, my Discovery Fund's preformance...

I boarded on this plane in December last year @ ~30.00 and it is now valued @ ~42... whopping 40% return..

View attachment 69960

How much ULIP did you do?

Can you share the details...looking at your discovery fund, I am getting inclined towards a LTF Infinia.

Last edited:
How much ULIP did you do?

Can you share the details...looking at your discovery fund, I am getting inclined towards a LTF Infinia.
There are a lot of people who are wiser than me to help you decide in this subject matter..

Please go thru this thread.. and many threads like this... then you will find out ..

Out of respect that I got for you, I am replying to this post.. otherwise I would not have replied to these kind of posts ....and from now on-wards I won't enagage in this subject matter converstaion as already mentioned before...

Last edited:
Differentiating Infinia PVC from Infinia Metal and offering FYF upgrade from former to latter makes sense as they're doing the same for DCB PVC to DCB Metal

But they haven't introduced any differences between Infinia and Metal till now unlike DCB Metal which at launch was a slightly better product then PVC,
So they'll have to improve Infinia Metal, which i don't know what else there is to improve
or they'll have to devalue Infinia PVC, which will put a dent to HDFCs reputation
Banks don't look at it that way. They devalue a product if that aligns with their business strategy...there are no free luncheons. Axis has already mastered the art of devaluations...

Last edited:
A Q for FYF Infinia holders -

When exactly does the fee get charged in the 2nd year? For eg. if the card is issued on Jul 10, 2024, when can one expect to see annual fee entry on his statement? Will it be on Jul 10, 2025 or any date but the same month or next?
Thanks!

A Q for FYF Infinia holders -

When exactly does the fee get charged in the 2nd year? For eg. if the card is issued on Jul 10, 2024, when can one expect to see annual fee entry on his statement? Will it be on Jul 10, 2025 or any date but the same month or next?
Thanks!
After Jul 10 and billed under 1st statement after renewal

what's the source of this?
This is what my HDFC RM told me.

Income criteria is the first step. Then something he called "deviation" requires either high spends (10L in 6 months) or some other long-term value the bank will get (term insurance or ULIPs etc). This is for upgrading. I do not know if this applies to fresh applications.

I have sent email to upgrade my DinersBlack to Infinia on Sept12th.
They kept sending emails saying that they will revert.. Sept 19 to 21 to 25 to Oct 1st to 5th..
Waiting.. Does not meet any criteria except last 6 months spends

Yep, I agree. 3-4 yrs is too long a time for any card to be launched...they can't be planning something like this and writing codes towards launching it for ages. I was fortunate to have read a comparison between Infinia & Infinia Reserve in terms of their rewards & benefits on X somewhere 😀. Some folks are much ahead in time. Even if those leaks are to be believed, Reserve falls shorts of my expectations of being an ultra premium card.

With HDFC, there is no defined criteria, Based on arm twisting, they are ready to bend any rules for their own convenience. Even Infinia metal have been issues LTF for many people.

So no more ULIP route for Infinia or DCB metal?
Season 4 No GIF

Back