• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent! Buying RE Classic 350 tomorrow, best card to use?

Hisoka

TF Ace
I’m planning to buy second hand Royal Enfield Classic 350 (from Triumph showroom Gurgaon). Payment is to be done tomorrow.

Bike price is 1.7L. They’re saying that they’ll charge 2% extra is payment is done via credit card

Now I have few cards to choose from, in order of their priority

1. Axis Atlas: 4% miles plus 2,500 miles upon 3L spend

2. Axis Vistara: 2% CV points plus 1 premium economy ticket

3. Amex Platinum Travel: 2% MR points plus 15,000 upon 1.9L spends

Which card should be chosen in your opinion? Also, I’m assuming all these cards provide rewards on this spend. Correct me if I’m wrong

Thanks

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I’m planning to buy second hand Royal Enfield Classic 350 (from Triumph showroom Gurgaon). Payment is to be done tomorrow.

Bike price is 1.7L. They’re saying that they’ll charge 2% extra is payment is done via credit card

Which card should be chosen in your opinion? Also, I’m assuming all these cards provide rewards on this spend. Correct me if I’m wrong

Thanks
It depends on where u gonna redeem
Hotel / marriot - use amex
Vistara - ticket
Atlas- hotel / domestic travel

dvader

TF Premier
try to make the payment on their website if possible
Not possible, payment has to made to the dealer.

Also can you confirm if 1.7L is ex-show or the final price after RTO+Insurance and what not.

Ignore it's second hand bike. Go with Amex Plat. I wouldn't trust Axis with rewards for big transaction...they might come back and ask you for proofs and what not.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Got it, but are you sure we will get miles on these (just to be safe side, we will also get points in these purchases even after devaluation right?)
Tomorrow 19.
Go full bang on 😅

To be on safer side u can use amex ..
Vistara out of question.

dvader

TF Premier
I too thought how r.e at 1.7

How do they have R.e
Yup I was awestruck and had to confirm. I bought my RE 350 during peak covid at 1.77 L final price, it's BS6 and I love it.

@Hisoka Btw which one is it BS6 or the J series one? If you could get BS4....go for it. I have 3 REs and BS4 is great in terms of maintainance.

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Thanks
Use Amex ..
You never know what happens to your 🪓 miles until they are redeeemed...

Hisoka

TF Ace
Yup I was awestruck and had to confirm. I bought my RE 350 during peak covid at 1.77 L final price, it's BS6 and I love it.

@Hisoka Btw which one is it BS6 or the J series one? If you could get BS4....go for it. I have 3 REs and BS4 is great in terms of maintainance.
It’s June 2023 purchase, only 1400kms driven
Looks brand new. So 1.7L seems pretty good deal

But I’ve heard this from lot of people that BS4 is better than BS6. Is that actually the case? Isn’t J series supposed to be more refined engine with better efficiency?

dvader

TF Premier
It’s June 2023 purchase, only 1400kms driven
Looks brand new. So 1.7L seems pretty good deal

But I’ve heard this from lot of people that BS4 is better than BS6. Is that actually the case? Isn’t J series supposed to be more refined engine with better efficiency?

J series: New engine with counter balance, smooth, No (almost) Vibration etc. However, it's difficult and costlier to repair. And local mechanics have hard time with it.

BS6: Same as BS4 except for ECU. ECU can't be customized. Local Mechanics can't fix your ECU. If I wanted to buy a small computer, I would buy a small computer not a bike. Although I do have a BS6 350 too.

BS4: Good old carb, same engine as BS6. Anyone with a hammer and a nail can fix it.

I work on my own bikes. Remember, always buy bikes that can be easily and confidently fixed outside the service center.

Hisoka

TF Ace
J series: New engine with counter balance, smooth, No (almost) Vibration etc. However, it's difficult and costlier to repair. And local mechanics have hard time with it.

BS6: Same as BS4 except for ECU. ECU can't be customized. Local Mechanics can't fix your ECU. If I wanted to buy a small computer, I would buy a small computer not a bike. Although I do have a BS6 350 too.

BS4: Good old carb, same engine as BS6. Anyone with a hammer and a nail can fix it.

I work on my own bikes. Remember, always buy bikes that can be easily and confidently fixed outside the service center.
But new J series has fuel gauge 🥲

same thing my cousin also said that BS4 is easier to repair. That’s why I’m a little confused. But bike is in really good condition, and 1.7 (which they will come down to 1.6) is a steal according to me

Is J series that bad? Should I actually consider looking for BS4?