• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
I w
Thanks to this thread, was finally able to upgrade my paid diners black with credit limit above 15 lakhs and ZERO spends to FYF Infinia..

This is the way i did that -
1. Gathered pictures and screenshots of failed transactions on the diners platform like "failed" or "not accepted" on offline POS machines and online site and payment gateways which don't have diners as an option. Picture below is of rejection on kotak bank POS machine
View attachment 20588

2. After gathering data and photos this is the email that i sent to
DEAR SIR/MADAM,
I AM AN HDFC BANK CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS AND HOLD AN IMPERIA RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BANK WITH CUSTOMER ID xxxxx.
I CURRENTLY HOLD AN HDFC DINERS BLACK CREDIT CARD WHICH HAS A CREDIT LIMIT OF RS xx,xx,000/-

I AM FACING SEVERE ACCEPTABILITY ISSUES ON THE DINERS CLUB PLATFORM AND AM NOT ABLE TO MAKE THE SPENDS ON MY DINERS BLACK CARD . PAYMENT GATEWAYS LIKE RAZORPAY AND PAYU ON MULTIPLE WEBSITES (LIKE PRIDE OF COWS) DO NOT ACCEPT DINERS CLUB AS PAYMENT OPTION(ONLY MASTERCARD AND VISA ACCEPTED). ALSO MANY OFFLINE STORES WITH NON HDFC POS MACHINES REJECT /DECLINE PAYMENTS WITH DINERS CARD. I AM ATTACHING PICTURES OF THE SAME WITH THIS EMAIL. I HAVE HAD TO SHIFT MOST OF MY SPENDS TO AXIS BANK MAGNUS VISA CARD BECAUSE OF THESE ISSUES.

TAKING THE ABOVE INTO CONSIDERATION KINDLY UPGRADE MY CURRENT DINERS BLACK INTO HDFC INFINIA METAL CARD. I AM ATTACHING THE CARD UPGRADE FORM AND LAST CARD STATEMENT FOR YOUR REFERENCE AND RECORD.

3. After sending the email, next day i got the reply that we are reviewing the application.

4. After 3 days this is the reply that i received -
We note form your email that you wish to upgrade your existing Diners Black credit card to Infinia Metal Card.
We take this opportunity to inform you that, your existing Diners Black Card has been upgraded to Infinia Metal Card ending with xxxx comes with first year free card and the subsequent year renewal fee of Rs, 12,500 would be reversed if your card account is utilized for retail transactions amounting to Rs.10,00,000.00 in a period of 12 months before the date of renewal fee debit. The spend threshold amounts will be checked and the accounts meeting the required spend thresholds, will have the annual fees reversed. The same is not in isolation to your card account but is followed as a standard procedure across all card accounts.

FYF Infinia thanks to Technofino, this thread and all the experiences shared! :cool:
Hope this helps someone in a similar situation get to Infinia!
i was also got upgrade based on same acceptability issue. But it was paid, so i denied the same.

15L limit, imperia banking (must be holding high NRV). U were anyways eligible i guess.

If it was rejected first and then after showing ‘acceptability issue’ proofs, it would have gotten approved then it would be considered a foolproof way of upgrading.

Many congratulation to you. Thanks for posting on the group. It will help all of us.😀
One year back already rejected once for the same imperia NRV for my wife’s regalia with 14lakhs limits and was point blank refused as shared here one year back-

Post in thread 'How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade'
https://www.technofino.in/community...credit-card-easily-new-upgrade.703/post-24616

Could not cite acceptability issues with regalia but that same thing worked for Diners.. so definitely in my experience diners non acceptability will play a major role in Infinia upgrades!

One year back already rejected once for the same imperia NRV for my wife’s regalia with 14lakhs limits and was point blank refused as shared here one year back-

Post in thread 'How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade'
https://www.technofino.in/community...credit-card-easily-new-upgrade.703/post-24616

Could not cite acceptability issues with regalia but that same thing worked for Diners.. so definitely in my experience diners non acceptability will play a major role in Infinia upgrades!
Thanks for update.
All your efforts worth it. After all it ‘Infinia’👌🏼
Will try this method with my DCB. 🤞🏼

HDFC is offering me Infinia FYF and then 12,500 second year onwards. Should i accept? I have another super premium card so i don't really need the benefits, other than maybe club marriott. Any suggestions?

HDFC is offering me Infinia FYF and then 12,500 second year onwards. Should i accept? I have another super premium card so i don't really need the benefits, other than maybe club marriott. Any suggestions?
You will get 12500 points in exchange for the fees.. only gst is out of pocket.. better to take it as when u will want it later hdfc will behave pricey and won’t offer it..

Hi Everyone, I am new to the community and have started to explore the types and benefits of credit cards. I have been actively using HDFC and Axis bank credit cards for over 5 years with annual spends of about 22L to 24L each year spread across the two cards. But I never cared for the reward rate or other benefits. The cards I used were HDFC Regalia and Axis Priority credit cards. But in Feb 2023, I received a notification from HDFC bank that they have approved me for Diners Black card. Since I did not know much about it, I started to look online and watch some youtube reviews on the card. This is how I came across the videos from @TechnoFino and this forum.

With a better understanding of my spends and the benefits I am missing out on, I accepted my HDFC upgrade to Diners Black. When I looked up Axis bank app, I also saw that I was pre-approved for Magnus. Hence, I opted for that upgrade too. Along the way, I started adding a few more cards to my collection that include ICICI Amazon card and HDFC Tata Neu Infinity as both these are life time free.

Now, after about 4 months, I am revieiwing my portfolio again and find that I have spent about 8.5L on my HDFC Diners Black card in the last 5 months. So, I feel that there might be some use in moving to an Infinia since my yearly spends are anyways high. After reading this thread, I hear that 7.5L spends in 6 months should work well for Infinia upgrade. But my question to this group is wheather I should wait for another month or just initiate the greviance process requesting an upgrade right away?
I applied for my card upgrade from DCB to Infinia on Jun 12th. Two weeks later, I received a response that the bank is unable to review my request for an upgrade and suggested me to contact their grievance redressal officer in Chennai or call the grievance cell. Upon calling the grievance cell, I was told that I did not have an upgrade option but that they would be happy to take a request to downgrade my card :p So, I asked the agent if he could cancel the card instead. That’s when he apologized for his callous suggestion.

Any guidance on next steps or should I simply accept this as typical HDFC customer service and acceptable response to upgrade request?

I applied for my card upgrade from DCB to Infinia on Jun 12th. Two weeks later, I received a response that the bank is unable to review my request for an upgrade and suggested me to contact their grievance redressal officer in Chennai or call the grievance cell. Upon calling the grievance cell, I was told that I did not have an upgrade option but that they would be happy to take a request to downgrade my card :p So, I asked the agent if he could cancel the card instead. That’s when he apologized for his callous suggestion.

Any guidance on next steps or should I simply accept this as typical HDFC customer service and acceptable response to upgrade request?
If I would in your place, I would have cancelled.

I have already canceled my axis card.

You will get 12500 points in exchange for the fees.. only gst is out of pocket.. better to take it as when u will want it later hdfc will behave pricey and won’t offer it..
Done. Card is on its way!

Edit: Got the card & priority club in the same box. Next day delivery to NCR from Mumbai through bluedart.
Already activated club marriot (what a shitty app they have, i can barely understand how to use it)

Last edited:
I've been holding DCB from last 3+ years having limit 10.8L but HDFC is in no mood to upgrade to infinia. Every time i send them an email to the grievance.cc email they just reply that I am not eligible. I don't have much spends on DCB since most spends are on magnus so maybe that could be the reason.
Tried twice last month - first by sending a nice email requesting for the upgrade but no luck and later subtly hinted to close all relationship but still the same response.
Not sure what should i do now?

I've been holding DCB from last 3+ years having limit 10.8L but HDFC is in no mood to upgrade to infinia. Every time i send them an email to the grievance.cc email they just reply that I am not eligible. I don't have much spends on DCB since most spends are on magnus so maybe that could be the reason.
Tried twice last month - first by sending a nice email requesting for the upgrade but no luck and later subtly hinted to close all relationship but still the same response.
Not sure what should i do now?
Shift that magnus spends.

Avoid gyftr transactions.

Increase travel spends.

Like i tried 6 months back, HDFC is still not budging from 36L ITR. I guess i have to wait for 1 more year and hope my salary hits 36L and try apply again. If they gave me this card first, i wouldn't have bothered with Magnus.

Back