• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
On October 6th the tracking website showed the status as Approved and the same was confirmed by the bank branch official. I called up CC today to confirm the same and was able to get the last 4 digits from them as well as the approved limit (8L).

Congrats on getting the approval. So you met their required salary eligibility to get this approval? Assuming you submitted bank statement/salary slips?

I finally got my Infinia approved. It is showing in my netbanking. It just took two months of my time, with running around, changing RMs few times, talking to BM, and threatening to close all my relationships with HDFC. I hope it is all worth this much effort.
apart from chasing hdfc folks, did you fulfil their criteria like 8.5 to 10 lakh limit on exisitng card, 7.5 lakhs spend in 6 months or >2.7 lakhs salary?

Hello

I am trying to upgrade to Infinia but somehow my request is denied. I am a salary acc holder with HDFC since 19 years and currently have HDFC MoneyBack card which is the lowest and stupidest of cards. I increased my limit to 12.2L in the hope that I would get DCB or Infinia.

I pass the salary and credit limit criteria but given my current HDFC card is next to useless when it comes to rewards, I prefer to use my ICICI Amazon Pay card everywhere. I spoke to my RM but I am not sure if she can push to get me the Infinia card. Last FY I spent 6L on my MoneyBack but now staying away from it.

What are my options now?

Hello

I am trying to upgrade to Infinia but somehow my request is denied. I am a salary acc holder with HDFC since 19 years and currently have HDFC MoneyBack card which is the lowest and stupidest of cards. I increased my limit to 12.2L in the hope that I would get DCB or Infinia.

I pass the salary and credit limit criteria but given my current HDFC card is next to useless when it comes to rewards, I prefer to use my ICICI Amazon Pay card everywhere. I spoke to my RM but I am not sure if she can push to get me the Infinia card. Last FY I spent 6L on my MoneyBack but now staying away from it.

What are my options now?
RM's are useless connect with your BM and threaten him to close the account if infinia isn't given, 100% chances he'd process an infinia for you. cc @jack333 🤭

Has anyone been able to get a DCB via the alumni offer without a prior relationship with HDFC?
I surpass the ITR criteria, but for salaried individuals they ask for a salary slip showing 1.75L, but this doesn't show variable pay, stocks and other components.

Is there any way of relaxing the 1.75L criteria using the ITR, or other-bank C2C?

Hello

What are my options now?
Out of various methods of upgradation,what methods have to tried before? What is best credit card offered to you in netbanking?

Yours profile is very much suitable for an uprgrade to Infinia. Please eloborate more sothat others can help.

Out of various methods of upgradation,what methods have to tried before? What is best credit card offered to you in netbanking?

Yours profile is very much suitable for an uprgrade to Infinia. Please eloborate more sothat others can help.

Initially I applied by sending all my docs to credit card escalation email id but my request got rejected.

Spoke to the corporate RM assigned to my employer and as per him, my spend has been low and thus my earlier request is rejected. Also, he said getting upgrade on MoneyBack is very difficult and now he is asking for an exception in my case with the concerned dept. I told that I kept the usage low as current CC gives no benefits in return.

I would get to know if my request through corporate RM gets any buying from the HDFC CC dept next week. Otherwise, I will move to Axis for good as they are giving Burgundy salary account + Burgundy Magnus CC with it.

Initially I applied by sending all my docs to credit card escalation email id but my request got rejected.

Spoke to the corporate RM assigned to my employer and as per him, my spend has been low and thus my earlier request is rejected. Also, he said getting upgrade on MoneyBack is very difficult and now he is asking for an exception in my case with the concerned dept. I told that I kept the usage low as current CC gives no benefits in return.

I would get to know if my request through corporate RM gets any buying from the HDFC CC dept next week. Otherwise, I will move to Axis for good as they are giving Burgundy salary account + Burgundy Magnus CC with it.
Have you tried netbanking? I am sure there you must have been offerred some better option.

I recently got a DCB card via Alumni program in August. I have an existing Imperia account (about a decade old) with very high NRV. Before the DCB, I had a very basic Times card from HDFC.

RM only peddles FD and ULIPs to me, and I have avoided him as best as I can without blocking his number. Should I pressure my RM/BM to give Infinia card? If so, can I do it now or should I wait for 6 months from Aug?

I recently got a DCB card via Alumni program in August. I have an existing Imperia account (about a decade old) with very high NRV. Before the DCB, I had a very basic Times card from HDFC.

RM only peddles FD and ULIPs to me, and I have avoided him as best as I can without blocking his number. Should I pressure my RM/BM to give Infinia card? If so, can I do it now or should I wait for 6 months from Aug?
If possible, try to meet 6 months spend criteria (On DCB) for Infinia. Then go for an upgrade request.
If in mean time your net banking offers upgrade, go for it.
If nothing is working, last resort is to threaten them.

When I tried upgrade through NetBanking, it shows me Millenia and IOC credit card. Not even Regalia gold, imagine.
I will suggest you to get in touch of BM. Express your concerns. Show a attitude as if your needs are not met,you will close all the relationships with branch.

Then draft a nice email.Send to Grievance.Redressal, CC to BM. Be in touch with BM. They will try to give you better options, but stick to Infinia request.

I guess this will help. Others can share inputs.

Back