• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HP pay app load wallet

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi Friends,

hp pay app load wallet via credit card which card is having zero charges kindly share your experience about the rewards/CB for this transactions.

FYI my holding cards are SC Manhattan, HDFC Regalia, IndusInd Legend and ICICI Apay as well as LTF Coral.

TIA
May 2023 06th edit:
1% payback + 1% cashback as cash + 1.2% Magnus base + 5% Magnus milestone + 1% debit card = 9.2% - 0.85% charges = 8.35%
Courtesy @VijayflyRaven

Guys update as of 6th july 2024:
Recently, ICICI has disable fuel transactions on their fastags. DYOR before loading bulk amt in ICICI tags
Update 7th August 2024:
Courtesy @Sriim for the ICICI tag holders to enable options of fuel by ICICI tags:
You need to login to ICICI etoll website using your fastag customer ID and password. It will show up fuel enabled yes or no in one of the tag detail menu options

Last edited:
Here's my experience
Bought Apay voucher (smartbuy infinia)
Recharge IDFC first fast tag using Apay.
Use HPPay scanner to use the fast tag balance for fuel
(You earn HP coins as well in addition to smartbuy rewards)
I am not able to use my IDFC fastag issue by park+ on hppay app from last 4-5 months though it was absolutely working fine before that. Checked on idfc firstforward app fuel transaction are also enabled.
Always get error user is unauthorised.

I tried filling fuel today at HPCL station.... Here is the error I got :confused:

Steps I followed are ----> POS ----> Fastag ---> ICICI ----> mobile number -----> last 4 digits of vehicle number ----> Error screen. Did not even go till OTP

I had enabled fuel transaction by sending email to ICICI customer care. Got the email confirmation also that it is enabled

Fastag option is not showing in HP Pay also via scan, although vehicle is mapped already

View attachment 62929
Wait for a couple of days or a week. Same happened with me and it worked later. ICICI guys saying prematurely on email I think

Oh you meant surcharge waiver.

Surcharge waiver maximum of 100 rupees i.e approx 10k fuel

6.8k is the maximum limit for accelerated returns for fuel transac

Take BOB HP Enrgie card --> most of the people got it as LTF.

You will get 4% cashback in form of reward points. In addition 1% over HP pay app as HP reward points.
1% fuel surcharge wavier over entire amount (0.85% will be charged as surcharge if you pay via HP pay scan but if you pay via card directly then 1% will be charged as surcharge). So here also around 0.20% as return.

Best part is most of the bank used to charge Rs.10 or 1% whichever is max but BOB charge only 0.85% if pay via HP pay scan.
Example:
If you refill with Rs.300 then you have to pay Rs.300 + Rs.10 + 18% of 10 = Rs.311.8 but return for wavier will be 1% of Rs.300 so Rs.3.
So you made loss of Rs.7.x

Overall 5+% as benefit over BOB. You can enjoy small transactions also like Rs.300.

Note:
Make sure to use multiple of Rs.150 only like Rs.150, Rs.300, Rs.450 ....
Waiver will be given when transaction is greater than Rs.400
BOB won't charge over points redemption.
How are you getting 0.85% ?
I pay everytime around 3100 and surcharge as 36.58 which is 1.18% of the total value.
I get 31.37 as waiver plus the hp pay points.
I use hp pay scan on hp pay QR only not any other QR and proceed with ccavenue for card payment.

How are you getting 0.85% ?
I pay everytime around 3100 and surcharge as 36.58 which is 1.18% of the total value.
I get 31.37 as waiver plus the hp pay points.
I use hp pay scan on hp pay QR only not any other QR and proceed with ccavenue for card payment.
I think it might have something to do with the specific pump. Because 5/7 pumps i used gave 0.85+gst. But there were a couple which have 1%+gst

They calculate surcharge waiver as 1% of transaction amount, which in your case is 1% of 3100+36.58 = 1% of 3136.58 = 31.37

If you find a pump which that charges 0.85% , your surcharge would be 31 and waiver would be 31.31

If you seriously feel about about missing Rs. 5.52, you have to find a different pump I'm afraid 😅

I think it might have something to do with the specific pump. Because 5/7 pumps i used gave 0.85+gst. But there were a couple which have 1%+gst

They calculate surcharge waiver as 1% of transaction amount, which in your case is 1% of 3100+36.58 = 1% of 3136.58 = 31.37

If you find a pump which that charges 0.85% , your surcharge would be 31 and waiver would be 31.31

If you seriously feel about about missing Rs. 5.52, you have to find a different pump I'm afraid 😅
Thanks bro
Anyways leave that 5rs. I'm satisfied with this much.
Next pump is almost 13kms away.
So it's a loss making deal that too with no assurance of any sorts.😂

Bhai because of you again I cross check & can confirm 0.85% + 18% GST only debited.

I fuel with Rs.1010 & get charged with Rs.1020.xy & in wavier I got Rs.10.20
I would say you luckily stumped upon the best fuel station and can enjoy all the perks 😄
Maybe it's denomination?
I always fill either 3200 or 3100, definitely have never filled below 3k.
Can that be the case?

Back