• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC rejected my CashKaro Cashback

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had applied for my HSBC Cashback (now Live+) Credit Card via CashKaro on 10th May.

My CashKaro app didn't show my Cashback as pending in 3 days so when I raised missing cashback query they asked for Application Number which I provided and then it was showing in pending and my Cashback will be confirmed by 31st July.

1000101039.webp
On 2nd August I raised a query with Cashkaro about my cashback about non confirmation of the cashback as one of my known applied for HSBC Cashback through my referral after I had applied and followed the same process as I did (as I had guided him) and he had the cashback confirmed before me.

Yesterday I got the following reply in my email from cashkaro.

1000101041.webp

I had completed the vkyc the same day and made sure to apply for the card from their link.

Now can anyone suggest what can be done as I am not going to dispute with CashKaro as I know until they get the commission from HSBC they will not pass it on to me.
So can I raise any complaint with HSBC directly regarding this. If so where and how?

Last edited:
So can I raise any complaint with HSBC directly regarding this. If so where and how?
You can't raise any complaint regarding this.

Normal customer care doesn't know about it.

Only few management in any brand/bank knows where they're running campaign for promotion.

These things are done secretly in collaboration with big subscriber base telegram channel too 🫰.

Only few management in any brand/bank knows where they're running campaign for promotion.
Yes I know just wanted to aware others that CashKaro is not sureshot until you actually get and as there was no thread regarding this so wanted to explore options as well.
These things are done secretly in collaboration with big subscriber base telegram channel too 🫰.
This seem to be interesting can you please elaborate on this.

Ok it's not secret or illegal.
But yeah customer care will not support third party issues.

I had applied for my HSBC Cashback (now Live+) Credit Card via CashKaro on 10th May.

My CashKaro app didn't show my Cashback as pending in 3 days so when I raised missing cashback query they asked for Application Number which I provided and then it was showing in pending and my Cashback will be confirmed by 31st July.

View attachment 63833
On 2nd August I raised a query with Cashkaro about my cashback about non confirmation of the cashback as one of my known applied for HSBC Cashback through my referral after I had applied and followed the same process as I did (as I had guided him) and he had the cashback confirmed before me.

Yesterday I got the following reply in my email from cashkaro.

View attachment 63839

I had completed the vkyc the same day and made sure to apply for the card from their link.

Now can anyone suggest what can be done as I am not going to dispute with CashKaro as I know until they get the commission from HSBC they will not pass it on to me.
I request you to raise again with cashkaro only.

Even in higher department 😜.

Affiliate thing bro.
Ohk that's very popular.
I request you to raise again with cashkaro only.

Even in higher department 😜.
Yes, escalate if possible with cashkaro.
What should I say and how can I prove them as there is no way I can prove this thing to them. Do you have any suggestions, then I will combine everything and send a reply. The Cashkaro app still shows it in pending.

I had applied for HSBC Platinum through Cashkaro on April 17, and my rewards weren't auto-tracked, so I had to raise a manual tracking request.

Three months had passed, and they did not confirm my rewards. For auto-tracked applications, the rewards are credited within a month or so.

Every time I called them, they used to say we have not received your report from HSBC, so please wait another 7–10 days. In the meantime, I called HSBC customer care and asked them about the source of my application. They said it was through a "3rd party" website, but they couldn't confirm the name. This gave me confidence that if Cashkaro rejects my cashback, I'm going to take the source of my application information in writing from HSBC and slap it on Cashkaro's face.

Luckily, I didn't have to do anything as such, and they credited the rewards with a 15-day delay.

I'm suggesting to everyone not to use Cashkaro, and if at all you are using it, take it with a pinch of salt that there are 100% chances that you will not get the cashback.

For me, I also applied for HSBC Platinum and it did not auto track. I had to raise a missing cashback ticket. In the meantime, it also got auto-tracked. Now there are two cashback entries, both show pending till October, but the order ids are different. Cashkaro earlier denied my Myntra and Amazon cashbacks even though I navigated from their app and placed the orders. Hope at least one of the two gets confirmed.

Using cashkaro for atleast 6 years now, here is my suggestion:
1) Cashkaro and partner brands like HSBC or any other merchant tracks the affiliate source via cookies and they can be very easily overidden or reset during a single session as well, it's something which is equally frustrating but we can't attribute the responsibility to one single entity, if partner brands really want to ease out the process that can implement better systems in place but at the end it has to be a collaborative effort. ( Any affiliate website have only control over their own platform and have no control over the merchant platform, personally I have observed there are some merchants who have deliberately kept their site insufficient to track the affiliate source and tends to deliberately decline cashback no matter what affiliate website you choose)

2) Cashkaro is very transparent and clear about their terms while compared to other affiliate sites.

3) If the cashback was tracked after creating missing cashback ticket, there is a very good chance, that cashback won't be attributed to Cashkaro and thus it won't get confirmed.

At the end, try Cashkaro if you wish and take it just as a lottery for which you are paying nothing extra, if you get the bonanza it's fine else escalation to any entity in this regard won't help much.

And please don't buy from a merchant if you don't need it and you just landed on the page by just Cashkaro benefits on that merchant.

1) Cashkaro and partner brands like HSBC or any other merchant tracks the affiliate source via cookies and they can be very easily overidden or reset during a single session as well, it's something which is equally frustrating but we can't attribute the responsibility to one single entity, if partner brands really want to ease out the process that can implement better systems in place but at the end it has to be a collaborative effort. ( Any affiliate website have only control over their own platform and have no control over the merchant platform, personally I have observed there are some merchants who have deliberately kept their site insufficient to track the affiliate source and tends to deliberately decline cashback no matter what affiliate website you choose)

2) Cashkaro is very transparent and clear about their terms while compared to other affiliate sites.

3) If the cashback was tracked after creating missing cashback ticket, there is a very good chance, that cashback won't be attributed to Cashkaro and thus it won't get confirmed.

At the end, try Cashkaro if you wish and take it just as a lottery for which you are paying nothing extra, if you get the bonanza it's fine else escalation to any entity in this regard won't help much.

And please don't buy from a merchant if you don't need it and you just landed on the page by just Cashkaro benefits on that merchant.
Ok. So only auto-tracked cashbacks have a greater chance of being confirmed? In my case, will both the cashbacks be cancelled?

If its transparent, why doesn't it mention there is certain possibility that cashback will be denied/ it is a lottery like you said.

@harshgupta940, @roygarg and others : suggest you do escalate to cashkaro on call and on social media (twitter etc). Post it here as well for better reach.

If its transparent, why doesn't it mention there is certain possibility that cashback will be denied/ it is a lottery like you said.

@harshgupta940, @roygarg and others : suggest you do escalate to cashkaro on call and on social media (twitter etc). Post it here as well for better reach.
There is time left till october for my hsbc cashback. Will escalate in case they deny. In the case of myntra, i had escalated it but they sent me the same reply over email.

Yes I was aware of how the cashback gets tracked but I made sure that I didn't do anything wrong but yes there might be slight chance that the cookies were deleted or removed during the application process.

Yes your point 3 is true as my known's cashback was tracked automatically and was also credited on time.

I was already sceptical of applying through cashkaro as 3 months before applying my application was already rejected and I was doubtful that HSBC don't reject my card as I applied through Cashkaro and not their agent but they actually approved my card that's the important thing.
As @sm9811911 suggested I am going to take it to twitter as my final try and then I will forget about it.

Last edited:
There are many Negative experience, but in my case this CC application Cashback was very easy and smooth. Even Iam getting Cashback for every purchase diverted to E-com through this App.

Iam very much impressed :flushed-face:by " Cashback App" Design, Its detailing about Cashback Earnings, Status Update about your Cashback.(Check out Screen shots)

There may technical glithes, but Overall if you think . With little to NO efforts you can Save small amounts with your routine purchase.
Even there are many great direct discount offers ... Eg. Currently "Dairymilk Rakhi Celebration Chocolate Box" You are getting at 40% discount.

Atleast for me LOVE :love:this app. and Wish i could Find it earlier.

Those New to Cashkro .. Give a Try You will .. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: Download 👉 https://cashk.app.link/sOuqYzDLFLb

Attachments

• Cashkaro 2.webp
    Cashkaro 2.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Cashkaro 3.webp
    Cashkaro 3.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Cashkaro 4.webp
    Cashkaro 4.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 22
Back