• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Online A/c Opening

varun__goel_

TF Prestige
Hey, has anyone tried to open ICICI Bank A/c online. How has been your experience. Was the process smooth, or had to face problems(Initial Funding and Video KYC). In how many days was debit card delivered?

Solution
Hey, has anyone tried to open ICICI Bank A/c online. How has been your experience. Was the process smooth, or had to face problems(Initial Funding and Video KYC). In how many days was debit card delivered?
If possible Try to open from offline branches I have seen many online opened accounts become freezing due to high numbers of transactions and also if possible try to open wealth management account with 5l cheque and enjoy zero mab account and no DC charges nothing.
Process is very smooth and debit card was dispatched in 3days. but dude don't open account online in icici as they will hit your cibil with personal loan inquiry. Also they have some mobile number registration issues with accounts opened online.

If possible Try to open from offline branches I have seen many online opened accounts become freezing due to high numbers of transactions and also if possible try to open wealth management account with 5l cheque and enjoy zero mab account and no DC charges nothing.

Solution
Bro..don't open ...today i opened account and did 95k initial funding as it was showing 0 balance for that....after vkyc no conformation...no cust id recd only just acc number and even i have already cc from icici..if i am trying to link there by entering savings acc number it shows no account found...insta acc is just a gimmick..will visit branch tomorrow and after withdrawing everything will close the acc on the spot...and will open wealth after some time...

I don't know why icici is doing such things as creating a cibil enquiry for a personal loan while opening an account online mode before 8 months ago when I opened an online account process was very easy and smooth my debit card was delivered in right period they gave me a Apay card, offer personal loan. I think icici itself doesn't want that people should open an account online that's why they asking for 95k huge funding for an insta saving account.

I tried opening one year ago. After completion of vkyc got account no. Net banking details everything. But to my surprise it was freezed even before I could use it. Could not even load fund to it. Cc told to go to nearest branch for kyc . Branch people were not interested. So had to open another account offline. They asked me for a 10k fd along with minimum balance. So that's the story. But till date I have no complaints. Never visited branch again.

Yes I faced problem at initial funding stage shows me VPA error that my upi id and aadhaar name not mismatching. I mean like wtf I give my aadhaar as proof for my other bank accounts so names must match with upi id and aadhaar

Okay thanks for info. Can you guys also tell how has been your overall experience with bank? Everyone please do share your personal experience. Are there any unnecessary charges? Their quality of service etc. How is it compared to HDFC, as I already have a account in it. Looking for another good bank.
Process is very smooth and debit card was dispatched in 3days. but dude don't open account online in icici as they will hit your cibil with personal loan inquiry. Also they have some mobile number registration issues with accounts opened online.

Okay thanks for info. Can you guys also tell how has been your overall experience with bank? Everyone please do share your personal experience. Are there any unnecessary charges? Their quality of service etc. How is it compared to HDFC, as I already have a account in it. Looking for another good bank.
No unnecessary charges at all, only 177rs for debit card issuance/annually and 17rs for sms charges quarterly. In terms of service icici is very slow but does the job. In my personal opinion hdfc is the best bank for me. Because zero charges fast service and servers are always up.

No unnecessary charges at all, only 177rs for debit card issuance/annually and 17rs for sms charges quarterly. In terms of service icici is very slow but does the job. In my personal opinion hdfc is the best bank for me. Because zero charges fast service and servers are always up.
I just want to use it as a secondary account and for parking my funds. All online transactions(no branch transaction are done by me). Is it good for that?

my society has icici branch when i went there to open account they basically said 25k/50k min balance required only that can be opened here i got out immediately as i already have hdfc which 10k has to be maintained

my society has icici branch when i went there to open account they basically said 25k/50k min balance required only that can be opened here i got out immediately as i already have hdfc which 10k has to be maintained
Just complaint that on Twitter next day branch manager will call you and open the account for you.

Online accounts really have issue with phone number not showing up as registered. Otherwise was all smooth when I opened a MINE account a few years back.
Yes, this is the best way forward with Wealth, no worries for anything, have had it for years, no charges, no minimum balance restrictions.

The service is quite good, never bothered by their agents. As mentioned phone number is a recurring issue for online accounts, so be vary of that. Also no SMS / DC / other charges if you opt for Wealth.

Back