• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Savings account upgrade

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi All,

I have been requesting my IDFC RM for the account upgrade to Select/Wealth, and in return he's been pushing hard to buy the age old useless investment policies in order to qualify for the upgrade. My AMB since last 3 months has been 3.5 Lakh.
Does anyone here know about the best method for upgrade? Kindly share your suggestions.

Hi All,

I have been requesting my IDFC RM for the account upgrade to Select/Wealth, and in return he's been pushing hard to buy the age old useless investment policies in order to qualify for the upgrade. My AMB since last 3 months has been 3.5 Lakh.
Does anyone here know about the best method for upgrade? Kindly share your suggestions.
Too early for IDFC, but it looks like its going the HDFC way. RM's are mostly same everywhere, they have their targets to fulfill and get money out of customer's pocket.

As far as an upgrade is concerned, maybe write to customer care and get upgrade eligibility/criteria AQB/AMB requirements in writing and then try to attain that. For me I opened my account with an initial bulk amount in IDFC still they took around 3-4 months for the upgrade.

Hi All,

Ignore all such requests from RM. Tell him that if he does not stop pushing useless product you'll escalate to his boss and raise complain to RBI for mis-selling!
Also contact CC for upgrade criteria to select and ask them instead. You can also complain to get your RM changed and threaten that you will close your account due to this RM.

IDFC is extremely pathetic in getting account upgraded. I am having family banking with them with around 10L monthly and yet they failed to upgrade my account to wealth.

Back