• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Upgrading Select Credit Card to Wealth Credit Card

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
IDFC started upgrading IDFC Select Credit Card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card on request.

Process:

- Call to customer care.
- Tell them that you want to upgrade Select CC to Wealth CC.
- They will deny saying that Wealth CC has a minimum floor CL of 5L and we cannot upgrade.
- Inform that you've been using your select card well for the past 3-6 months.
- They will deny again (If possible).
- Then tell that many of our friends are getting it upgraded to Wealth CC from Select CC.
- They will take the request for upgrade.

1722341017292.webp
-Within 1 working day the request has been processed to Wealth CC.

1722341384502.webp

Note:

1. We have tried 3 cards within our friends and family circle and all have been approved.
2. All the members are having CL more than 2L (So not sure of Select cards <2L Credit limit).
3. I have Wealth account.

Appreciation: This was informed by @zaid_2913 in one of the post.

Update at 9pm on 30-07-2024: Seems Savings account needed for this trick. (Wealth Worked for me and Select worked for my friend)

Last edited:
Excellent info.. Well done..
Congratulations and Welcome ot IDFC Wealth..
Unfortunately it is not so much of use these days.. neverthless Welath from IDFc , top teir card from IDFC..
I understand Wealth lost shine and most of its charm. But hope you remember we had discussion in getting Select credit card itself. Now this is a cherry on the cake for me.

I just called cs team and they denied as my card is just 3 months old they asked me to call again after 1 month
I think I've to wait..
wasnt 6 months the minimum for card upgrade request from the beginning.
Now OP got under 6 months, you are told months.. IDFC is acting silly with there policies.
But.. but Wealth CC lost its shine :(
long long back 😂😂
I remember the initial days wealth was my main driver for everyday transactions. Then there came the multiplier reward above 20k only and thus started the journey of devaluation

Now OP got under 6 months, you are told months.. IDFC is acting silly with there policies.

long long back 😂😂
I remember the initial days wealth was my main driver for everyday transactions. Then there came the multiplier reward above 20k only and thus started the journey of devaluation
The cs guy hasn't mention 6 months but asked me to call again after a month for LE he said" if I get LE to 5L then upgrade is possible "

I tried this with 2 executives but they just won't understand. One even raised a same SR but it got closed in minutes.

Its very difficult to convince these CCs

Barack Obama GIF by Complex

hmmm. Limit could be the reason. But anyone who is getting an upgrade to wealth should also be getting quick LE soon.
I have received LE twice in last 3 yrs and currently mine is close to 15 lks (higher then any other cc I hold).

My classic converted to wealth, so those who have classic with above 2 lakhs limit can give a try.
Did they ask you guys to submit 3 mnths salary slip as well as bank a/c atatement? They are saying they can only raise a request of Card Product Upgrade - with Limit Enhancement..

Last edited:

long long back 😂😂
I have got my card on March 20th 2024. Yes, IDFC is silly with their policies. No standard ones.

hmmm. Limit could be the reason. But anyone who is getting an upgrade to wealth should also be getting quick LE soon.
I have received LE twice in last 3 yrs and currently mine is close to 15 lks (higher then any other cc I hold).
On forum there was discussion happening one day regarding "Personalize with Picture Card" option for IDFC Card select and wealth, but during that time I didn't had option of this. But on upgrading to Wealth this option is enabled. Once you get another Picture card based on the Select/Wealth card, you can upgrade or get another core card from IDFC.

Back