• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Upgrading Select Credit Card to Wealth Credit Card

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
IDFC started upgrading IDFC Select Credit Card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card on request.

Process:

- Call to customer care.
- Tell them that you want to upgrade Select CC to Wealth CC.
- They will deny saying that Wealth CC has a minimum floor CL of 5L and we cannot upgrade.
- Inform that you've been using your select card well for the past 3-6 months.
- They will deny again (If possible).
- Then tell that many of our friends are getting it upgraded to Wealth CC from Select CC.
- They will take the request for upgrade.

1722341017292.webp
-Within 1 working day the request has been processed to Wealth CC.

1722341384502.webp

Note:

1. We have tried 3 cards within our friends and family circle and all have been approved.
2. All the members are having CL more than 2L (So not sure of Select cards <2L Credit limit).
3. I have Wealth account.

Appreciation: This was informed by @zaid_2913 in one of the post.

Update at 9pm on 30-07-2024: Seems Savings account needed for this trick. (Wealth Worked for me and Select worked for my friend)

Last edited:
IDFC started upgrading IDFC Select Credit Card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card on request.

Process:

- Call to customer care.
- They will deny saying that Wealth CC has a minimum floor CL of 5L and we cannot upgrade.
- Then tell that many of our friends are getting it upgraded to Wealth CC from Select CC.

View attachment 63227

View attachment 63228

Note:

1. We have tried 3 cards within our friends and family circle and all have been approved.
2. All the members are having CL more than 2L (So not sure of Select cards <2L Credit limit).

Update at 9pm on 30-07-2024: Seems Savings account needed for this trick. (Wealth Worked for me and Select worked for my friend)
I got wealth card with 10L limit without any savings account! I used C2C with my old citibank cc and got it successfully in 20 min! Later to show my gratitude then I opened a prime account with idfc itself!

I know Vistara will be disappearing soon..
is CV CC any good in IDFC? On the other day one IDFC guys called me and offered me.. I dais I will look inot it.. Somewhere I read it is not that great
I have it along with wealth shared limits
My use case till 3l got 4PE in air vistara
Used for my daughter college fees
5900/- and no spend based waivers

Process:

- Call to customer care.

View attachment 63227

View attachment 63228

Note:

Can itr and bank statement can be used for limit enhancement if yes then how much itr for 2L limit and 5L limit ?

No add on card card for me so no idea but dude it still 250 vs 500 before. Currently my friend have sapphiro ltf so I use his and go and watch movie with him. Try to find a friend and book using his card.
I have BMS cards. But in my home town theatres are on Paytm. So I had to depend on IDFC Select/ Wealth, Axis Myzone for Paytm BOGO. So wanted to check if the offer is applicable for Wealth Add on or not.

After looking at this post, I also raised a request with customer care today. Let's see what happens. Having select card with limit 2.5 L. No savings bank relationship

I would like to mention my experience.
I did not use my card at all, applied for Wealth initially and for some reason it changed to Select during the application. They told me I can apply for upgrade after 3 months. So I waited, didn't use it at all and then applied for upgrade after the 3rd statement was generated. They declined of course, no limit enhancement was given, no upgrade either, so I put in a card closure request. They retained me by upgrading my card without enhancing the limit and I do not have any savings account with them (no prior relationship either). But, I do have CL more than 2L.

Reactions: BVC
I would like to mention my experience.
I did not use my card at all, applied for Wealth initially and for some reason it changed to Select during the application. They told me I can apply for upgrade after 3 months. So I waited, didn't use it at all and then applied for upgrade after the 3rd statement was generated. They declined of course, no limit enhancement was given, no upgrade either, so I put in a card closure request. They retained me by upgrading my card without enhancing the limit and I do not have any savings account with them (no prior relationship either). But, I do have CL more than 2L.
Did they upgrade your card recently?

Back