• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Upgrade Struggles

Hello,

I have been an HDFC customer (Preferred banking with salary account) for close to 7 years and have been holding a DCP card. I already meet salary criteria (>3L) and my credit limit with DCP is > 10L. I dont use this card much though as it has a low rewards ratio. For this reason, I have raised multiple card upgrade requests to my RM, escalated with their credit card department, followed the approach recommended on Technofino(mailing grievance redressal) and yet they have declined it every single time!

At this point I am so frustrated with HDFC that I am not sure if I should continue banking with them. To the experienced audience here, i want to ask on what are my possible options?

a) Should I switch to Axis Burgundy (and request Magnus) OR
b) close my DCP credit card + request for upgrade to Imperia banking and then try for new Infinia(instead of upgrade) in few months?

P.S. I have gone through the majority of threads on Infinia and tried all that has been recommended (atleast I think so 😊)

Thanks!

They'll never upgrade if you don't use the card.

To get upgrade you should use HDFC card irrespective of rewards, for 8L spends in 6 month.

IMO, use this card where you get lower R Rate on you other cards so you'll have to loose less.
For optimising your spends:

You can buy 10k worth flipkart GV each month means 60k in 6 months,

For ASV: it's 25k per month means 150k in 6 months.

Here you get 6.6% cashback for 2.1L spends (if shop on these websites) covered.

And for another 6L spends you can optimize accordingly.

Screenshot_20231129-183119.png

It's just a suggestion, might not align with your spends.

Thanks all for your suggestions on spending. Right, i have spent <1L on this card, I primarily use axis ace or other cards for online spends. I am not too keen on spending with DCP which is why I am thinking of closing it altogether and apply as a new card so that this criteria doesn’t apply. But i also have another hdfc card - tata Neu infinity so not sure if that would become a problem 🤨

Thanks all for your suggestions on spending. Right, i have spent <1L on this card, I primarily use axis ace or other cards for online spends. I am not too keen on spending with DCP which is why I am thinking of closing it altogether and apply as a new card so that this criteria doesn’t apply. But i also have another hdfc card - tata Neu infinity so not sure if that would become a problem 🤨
If you're a cashback person why go for Infinia or Magnus?

hello! i do hold infinia PVC which is plastic infinia so don't close DCP just yet! you need spend on these cc. on earlier post. buy thing from this cc instead of axis ace which is offline better use cc. correct me if I'm wrong! and tata cc of your have nothing to do with upgrade.

I dont use this card much though
That's the reason right there for upgrade rejection.
a) Should I switch to Axis Burgundy (and request Magnus) OR
Request Magnus? :)
You would need patience, time, effort, follow-ups and what not for this.
If you are willing to do all this, roll up your sleeves and join the mayhem of Magnus for Burgundy.
request for upgrade to Imperia banking
I don't think that upgrading to Imperia would affect your eligibility for Infinia. You would need to use your existing DCP card to 6-8L in last half.
It seems you are thinking that upgrading your banking program would get you the Infinia or Magnus. For Magnus, there is hustle. As you are already using DCP, this card's usage would become basic criteria to decide for Infinia even if you get Imperia.

hello! i do hold infinia PVC which is plastic infinia so don't close DCP just yet! you need spend on these cc. on earlier post. buy thing from this cc instead of axis ace which is offline better use cc. correct me if I'm wrong! and tata cc of your have nothing to do with upgrade.
Even I am also of the same opinion that he shouldn't close his DCP having >10L limit.
If there are any chances of getting Infinia, it may become bleak with HDFC.

Appreciate all the responses. Yep I agree that giving up a card with high CL may not be the right decision. I am relying on the fact that i have shared CL with Tata Neu Infinity so even if I give up DCP, my limit would be transferred to Tata Neu Infinity..so I would still have a CC with >10L.

Thanks for the inputs on Magnus , i didnt know it was going to be challenging too( just believed branch personnel’s response that after 3 months with Burgundy, i should be able to get Magnus with waived annual fee).

My main intention was to understand whether getting a new Infinia is less challenging than upgrade from DCP.

I will have another thought on the spending and see if i can come up with a plan.

Appreciate all the responses. Yep I agree that giving up a card with high CL may not be the right decision. I am relying on the fact that i have shared CL with Tata Neu Infinity so even if I give up DCP, my limit would be transferred to Tata Neu Infinity..so I would still have a CC with >10L.

Thanks for the inputs on Magnus , i didnt know it was going to be challenging too( just believed branch personnel’s response that after 3 months with Burgundy, i should be able to get Magnus with waived annual fee).

My main intention was to understand whether getting a new Infinia is less challenging than upgrade from DCP.

I will have another thought on the spending and see if i can come up with a plan.
Close both cards and apply new with salary slips + ITR (If ITR>48) if U need infinia.
Calculate your expenses and see if Infinia > Magnus for Burgundy and its worth the hassle. Otherwise MFB is pretty good alternative

Best option is to have DCB ... you can spend on that card without feeling that there is low reward rate and then ask for upgrade to Infinia.

If you are willing to upgrade to DCB metal, use the card for next 6-7 months for >7.5L, then it will be relatively easier. Spending so much on DCP does not make sense

Bro he gets net salary credit of 3l+, he doesnt need to request in that sense, hes quite eligible for it
I read that. There are many who have Burgundy salary account with > 3L who have "requested" upto PNO, but not able to get M4B because of the criteria that Axis has imposed for M4B.
I was talking about "meeting the criteria" of M4B.
In the below msg, he himself has mentioned that the branch personnel said "after 3 months". That is the criteria I'm talking about.
just believed branch personnel’s response that after 3 months with Burgundy, i should be able to get Magnus with waived annual fee)

The waived annual fee is ending tomorrow, you may meet the eligibility to get this magnus burgundy card, but it's paid 12.5k plus gst. So as per your spending pattern, might not worth it.

And comes to infinia, it's purely benefits with travel and accommodation, because the high outcome one can get through smartbuy. Plus Amazon vouchers which is not every one buy something every month. But comparing with paid magnus, paid infinia is much much better with RPs back.

I read that. There are many who have Burgundy salary account with > 3L who have "requested" upto PNO, but not able to get M4B because of the criteria that Axis has imposed for M4B.
I was talking about "meeting the criteria" of M4B.
In the below msg, he himself has mentioned that the branch personnel said "after 3 months". That is the criteria I'm talking about.
As per its own TnC, customers are able to apply for M4B after 45 days of their TRV gets started reflecting in OGS.
He should prenegotiate/get it in mail and proceed with it

The waived annual fee is ending tomorrow, you may meet the eligibility to get this magnus burgundy card, but it's paid 12.5k plus gst. So as per your spending pattern, might not worth it.

And comes to infinia, it's purely benefits with travel and accommodation, because the high outcome one can get through smartbuy. Plus Amazon vouchers which is not every one buy something every month. But comparing with paid magnus, paid infinia is much much better with RPs back.
So the fees will be 12.5k+ gst with no renewal benefit from second yr?

I had regalia for 3 or 4 years. Mine was preferred banking too. Got upgraded to Diners Black after spending around 4 lakhs in 6 months.

Now comes the best part. In the next six months, I spent another 12 lakhs. I was skeptical of getting Infinia so soon after the Diners Black upgrade. However, I just sent a mail to CC and they put me on Infinia within a few days.

So it doesn't seem to matter if we have preferred banking or not. The total spends in the last 6 months seem to be the big criteria.

Back