• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jio Recharge plan Hike

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does anyone know if the OTT app subscriptions offered with mobile recharge plans - do they work on stock OTT apps such as Sony liv and zee5 ? The description says it works only in jio tv app.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Already answered. So I'm not going into that.
Just want to mention that you can buy 2 voucher at once and 6 maximum in a number. If you want to buy more than 6, then buy in other jio accounts of family. Later you can transfer those vouchers to your number and redeem them.

Where to find these rules?

When I tried buying on MyJio just now, it was allowing me more than 2 also (I checked upto 4, -- didn't try to find out the max limit I could go up to).

Another confusion was, I was asked to commit upfront to the Jio number I was purchasing them for! That rather defeats the whole purpose for me!

lightwaves

TF Premier
Where to find these rules?

When I tried buying on MyJio just now, it was allowing me more than 2 also (I checked upto 4, -- didn't try to find out the max limit I could go up to).

Another confusion was, I was asked to commit upfront to the Jio number I was purchasing them for! That rather defeats the whole purpose for me!
Here's how you can buy the vouchers

Trust Me

TF Ace
You can buy two at a time, and this you can do 3 times maximum for one Jio number

That was the whole point of my earlier post: where to find these rules in writing. The MyJio app was allowing me to choose numbers > 2 too for purchase! Maybe it would have failed if I proceeded with > 2 selected?

Trust Me

TF Ace
Once you buy the vouchers, it gives you an option to Transfer to another number. You can use transfer and use it on other number.

So I take it that the point of choosing the number upfront is only to choose under which specific Jio account the vouchers are listed, -- with an option to choose in future which actual number(s) to use those for?

lightwaves

TF Premier
That was the whole point of my earlier post: where to find these rules in writing. The MyJio app was allowing me to choose numbers > 2 too for purchase! Maybe it would have failed if I proceeded with > 2 selected?
Yes, you can increment the counter as much as you like, but when you click on buy, it says max allowed is 2

Obviously. Why should they provide free service without payment? How can this be called "mahachor" (grand larceny)? Can you go to a restaurant and eat a dosa without paying? Restaurants increase the price every few months and people pay the new price. Why would any telco provide you SMS service without you paying the required monthly service fee?
Please listen to the full story before jumping to conclusions. I've been recharging with this company for a long time, and they've deducted 500 INR for failed SMS messages related to bank verification and UPI. I've been following up with them weekly for a month with zero support.

Their international support number isn't working, and I'm currently in a situation where I can't send a port-out request.

Moreover, I'm paying 5 euros abroad and getting unlimited 5G/local/international (eu) plus 14GB data in international roaming, all while considering Indian salaries. The telecom industry in India is going downhill.

Please don't give me the restaurant analogy; I've been using this service for 10 years.