• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jio Recharge plan Hike

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please listen to the full story before jumping to conclusions. I've been recharging with this company for a long time, and they've deducted 500 INR for failed SMS messages related to bank verification and UPI. I've been following up with them weekly for a month with zero support.

Their international support number isn't working, and I'm currently in a situation where I can't send a port-out request.

Moreover, I'm paying 5 euros abroad and getting unlimited 5G/local/international (eu) plus 14GB data in international roaming, all while considering Indian salaries. The telecom industry in India is going downhill.

Please don't give me the restaurant analogy; I've been using this service for 10 years.
It doesn't matter how much you pay elsewhere. If you want service in India, you have to pay a monthly fee for it. You are the one trying to take advantage by demanding free service, not Airtel. Just like you pay 5 Euros wherever you are, pay the monthly fee in India as well if you want service. You have to arrange these things in India. So keep paying a few hundred per month till you need the service and when you visit India again, you can port out. Don't blame and slander Airtel.
Telecom industry in India is growing and doing very well. It isn't going downhill by any stretch of imagination. Raising tariffs will only strengthen it.

India is extremely biased towards prepaid and people generally have multiple SIMs. The operators want people to shift to postpaid and to single SIM.
There was a time when there were 8-10 operators per circle and the customer was the king. The3n trhe politically motivated fake 2G scam came. One by one most of the operators, including the foreign govt operators like MTS and Uninor were forced to close shop and leave. So now we have practical duopoly of Ambani and Mittal. Vi & BSNL have for all practical purposes become a govt owned also run operator. Now the operators are the king.
So if anyone is to be blamed for the present situation, it would be people who were behind the fake 2G scam hype.

It doesn't matter how much you pay elsewhere. If you want service in India, you have to pay a monthly fee for it. You are the one trying to take advantage by demanding free service, not Airtel. Just like you pay 5 Euros wherever you are, pay the monthly fee in India as well if you want service. You have to arrange these things in India. So keep paying a few hundred per month till you need the service and when you visit India again, you can port out. Don't blame and slander Airtel.
Telecom industry in India is growing and doing very well. It isn't going downhill by any stretch of imagination. Raising tariffs will only strengthen it.
Are you blind, or is today a special occasion for using some brainpower? I clearly said I *paid* the money and received nothing in return. I highlighted this to Airtel, followed up for a month, and they still refused to resolve the issue.

So, yes, Airtel is CHORTLE. They need to provide the service to earn the money, which they failed to do in my case. Raising prices only fills the pockets of politicians.

Keep paying money and expect third-class treatment and service. It's not about wanting free services, it's about wanting the services I *paid* for.

Abhi5467

TF Premier
So is it worth it to do a yearly recharge for Jio 1.5gb/day and that will give me unlimited 5g too
No. It's only available for plans with 2GB/day and above data. The monthly plan for this is 299 per month now which will 349 per month after price hike. Yearly recharges are always cheapest.
EDIT : You can recharge now with 1.5 GB /day plan and still get the unlimited 5G benifits if you recharge it before 3rd July. So hurry up and get yearly plans. Otherwise the 2GB/day is condition after the date.

Last edited:
Best option for Jio now is to immediately shift to family postpaid. Base postpaid is still 399 (for 2 days more) plus 99 for each child SIM upto max 3 SIM.. So for 4 SIMs total mthly cost will be 696+tax i.e. 822. Throw in Rupay Friday offer and it becomes 722 which works out to 167/SIM for every 28 days. And all SIMs get the free 5G offer.
Family gets 75 GB base data + 5 GB for each extra SIM. Total data can be shared in any ratio by all the users.
And some apps support part/advance payment also with cash back. So it can be even lower.

butaiiem

TF Buzz
Trick To Do ₹395/₹1559 Recharge In Jio.

Open jio.com >> Login With Your Jio Number >> Click On Setting Icon On Homepage >> Service Settings > Tariff Protection

Here You Will See Both ₹395 & ₹1559 Recharge Plans With Unlimited 5g

Applicable Only For Those Who Don't Have Any Active Plan.

Farhad sekh

TF Premier
Best option for Jio now is to immediately shift to family postpaid. Base postpaid is still 399 (for 2 days more) plus 99 for each child SIM upto max 3 SIM.. So for 4 SIMs total mthly cost will be 696+tax i.e. 822. Throw in Rupay Friday offer and it becomes 722 which works out to 167/SIM for every 28 days. And all SIMs get the free 5G offer.
Family gets 75 GB base data + 5 GB for each extra SIM. Total data can be shared in any ratio by all the users.
And some apps support part/advance payment also with cash back. So it can be even lower.

75 gb data inclusive of all members
Or per individual members??

lightwaves

TF Premier
Trick To Do ₹395/₹1559 Recharge In Jio.

Open jio.com >> Login With Your Jio Number >> Click On Setting Icon On Homepage >> Service Settings > Tariff Protection

Here You Will See Both ₹395 & ₹1559 Recharge Plans With Unlimited 5g

Applicable Only For Those Who Don't Have Any Active Plan.
Bro, how can we do this using Jio App, any idea? Because I am not in India and cant receive OTP to login on web.