• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MCC check before payment

FinoGuy

TF Ace
just do a txn, call bank like hdfc,axis,icici and ask for the mcc code, if customer care didnt tell then mail them.
I did the same once in axis. The idiot in the other side was not aware of mcc. I explained him what is mcc and where he can look for mcc in his system. Then he found out mcc. Then he was asking for what purpose you need mcc(like interrogation). at the end he told mcc. I gave the conversation 1star and wrote feedback as 'please don't hire bachhas who hv no knowledge about their own banking system'
One of many 'evergreen' memories with axis.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
main-qimg-5ec7f8c719c25063ba1f94dda910f3e1

Your question is little early

MrJJ

TF Premier
Methods to know MCC before transaction:
1. Ask the QR/Business owner.
2. Guess from the type/category of business.
3. Wait until I hack into bank databases and create MCC list of every business in India.

Tejo

TF Legend
I did the same once in axis. The idiot in the other side was not aware of mcc. I explained him what is mcc and where he can look for mcc in his system. Then he found out mcc. Then he was asking for what purpose you need mcc(like interrogation). at the end he told mcc. I gave the conversation 1star and wrote feedback as 'please don't hire bachhas who hv no knowledge about their own banking system'
One of many 'evergreen' memories with axis.
Next time just tell them. To know about reward rate on card spend. To or To not use axis card further.

They will surely will say ....

If you got a dumb just leave and call again.

If you didn't find any satisfactory answer. You can ask them to forward call to Senior. Somehow I didn't call for MCC but for some other requests I was connected to Senior Officer. I did in IDFC, HDFC and Axis Bank. You didn't need to wait for long time. Earlier I waited for 25 - 30 mins for reconnecting calls.