• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New design for Amex MRCC

Sobirvs

TF Buzz
As I don't have privilege to post a new thread hence posting here. I have 2 Amex cards, Gold charge card and MRCC. Today I received new design MRCC card, and it looks beautiful but my gold charge card have this old design so thought of replacing it via website but strangely I got an option of Metal card in replacing gold charge card.

I was curious, so called the customer service and even the lady on phone had no option of "metal" card for Gold charge card. She said may be it is upgrading your card to metal platinum new upgrade card, I said no, it shows Gold charge card only. Then she said she talked to supervisor and yes metal card is an option and it is completely free for Gold charge card and only very less people are getting that option. I am a card member since 2018 hence getting that option.

I have ordered it, and let's see if I do get a metal card or not. I am posting this to ask other members, did anyone got metal option for Gold charge card and if someone received it, if yes, please post pictures. For me it shows 6 July as receiving the card delivery but once bluedart ships it, in Delhi I get cards within 1 business day, so if I get it , I'll update you guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-28 114933.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 114933.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2024-06-28 114943.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 114943.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
As I don't have privilege to post a new thread hence posting here. I have 2 Amex cards, Gold charge card and MRCC. Today I received new design MRCC card, and it looks beautiful but my gold charge card have this old design so thought of replacing it via website but strangely I got an option of Metal card in replacing gold charge card.

I was curious, so called the customer service and even the lady on phone had no option of "metal" card for Gold charge card. She said may be it is upgrading your card to metal platinum new upgrade card, I said no, it shows Gold charge card only. Then she said she talked to supervisor and yes metal card is an option and it is completely free for Gold charge card and only very less people are getting that option. I am a card member since 2018 hence getting that option.

I have ordered it, and let's see if I do get a metal card or not. I am posting this to ask other members, did anyone got metal option for Gold charge card and if someone received it, if yes, please post pictures. For me it shows 6 July as receiving the card delivery but once bluedart ships it, in Delhi I get cards within 1 business day, so if I get it , I'll update you guys.
deleted those ss, kindly re-upload ss while blurring address for your privacy.

psycho2711

TF Select

Please keep us updated on this, this seems completely new, metal gold charge for India, if true it's a great thing. Let's see what you get. Hope you're not joking with us bro..

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please keep us updated on this, this seems completely new, metal gold charge for India, if true it's a great thing. Let's see what you get. Hope you're not joking with us bro..
No he is not. He posted the screenshots above. Ironically, its not showing for me - either on desktop or mobile or app. Been a member since 2016.

roygarg

TF Select
Will do. Asking about metal card as well.
So I checked with CC about converting MRCC to metal. He said its only available for platinum. I asked him to double check and he said he can help me replace my card with new design but it will be plastic, not metal. I applied for replacement. Most probably the metal card conversion option is user specific. Also, he said that 5000 bonus points are only for those who pay Rs 4,500 plus GST as the renewal fee. So not for those who got MRCC through a referral.