• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card limit transfer

iM23

TF Premier
I have 2 SBI cards - i) Cashback and ii) SimplyClick. Cashback is almost 1.5 years old and SimplyClick is 2 years old. Now, SBI card has increased the limit of the SimplyClick card 2 times in 2 years (after every 6-10 months). But that's not the case for the Cashback card. It has got no limit increase in 1.5 years. So -
  1. Can I request SBI card to transfer a portion of SimplyClick card limit to the Cashback card? Do they have a good record of it? And if they do it, within how much time the limit is transferred?
  2. Now it is again 10 months from the last limit increase for SimplyClick card. So if I transfer a portion of its limit, may I lose the chance of next limit increase for it?

Call the SBI customer care and request them for limit transfer. It's instant transfer from one card to other card.
I think if you keep your usage pattern same for simplyclick then you may get similar LE in future.

I have 2 SBI cards - i) Cashback and ii) SimplyClick. Cashback is almost 1.5 years old and SimplyClick is 2 years old. Now, SBI card has increased the limit of the SimplyClick card 2 times in 2 years (after every 6-10 months). But that's not the case for the Cashback card. It has got no limit increase in 1.5 years. So -
  1. Can I request SBI card to transfer a portion of SimplyClick card limit to the Cashback card? Do they have a good record of it? And if they do it, within how much time the limit is transferred?
Yes you can transfer but issue is SBI periodically review your credit limit of each card.

So if they found your cashback card has more limit as per their policy then they simply reduce credit limit of same card.
  1. Now it is again 10 months from the last limit increase for SimplyClick card. So if I transfer a portion of its limit, may I lose the chance of next limit increase for it?
Not guaranteed, all depends on SBI policy.

2. Now it is again 10 months from the last limit increase for SimplyClick card. So if I transfer a portion of its limit, may I lose the chance of next limit increase for it?
it is possible, but do it if u really need more limit on ur cashback card
They are well known for the decrease in CL for various reasons
Mostly if u don't use ur card regularly they might decrease your limit

You can always transfer limit, Sbicards CC is proactive in this also at the end of the day SBI offers limit increment on lower card useage (not to be confused with 0 useage). Hence I expect you to get LE on SIMPLYCLICK.

If they found your cashback card has more limit as per their policy then they simply reduce credit limit of same card.

Not guaranteed, all depends on SBI policy.
it is possible, but do it if u really need more limit on ur cashback card
They are well known for the decrease in CL for various reasons
Mostly if u don't use ur card regularly they might decrease your limit
@s1t2y3a3m6 Please explain the meaning of "if cashback card has more limit as per their policy".

@Fini7777 Yes I really need it. Cashback card's limit is only 20k whereas SimplyClick has 1L+. I rarely use SimplyClick but they still increase its limit. On the contrary, I use the Cashback card for most of the transactions. So, what will be the chance of its new limit getting reduced?

@s1t2y3a3m6 Please explain the meaning of "if cashback card has more limit as per their policy".

@Fini7777 Yes I really need it. Cashback card's limit is only 20k whereas SimplyClick has 1L+. I rarely use SimplyClick but they still increase its limit. On the contrary, I use the Cashback card for most of the transactions. So, what will be the chance of its new limit getting reduced?
Not sure, it may or may not happen
There r some ppl who's Cl was reduced after the transfer and some got LE
so, no one can predict

If your card have a limit of 50k and you transfer limit 40k from other card. On review policy of SBI if you shouldn't have limit above 50k then your limit will be reduced to 50k or may be less than that.

So be carefull.

Last edited:
You can always transfer limit, Sbicards CC is proactive in this also at the end of the day SBI offers limit increment on lower card useage (not to be confused with 0 useage). Hence I expect you to get LE on SIMPLYCLICK.
Last time when I checked with CC they told transfer of limits from one card to another was not possible.

If you your card have a limit 50k and you transfer limit 40k from other card. On review policy of SBI if you shouldn't have limit above 50k then your limit will reduce to 50k or may be less than that.

So be carefull.
This is weird. Then how can I take the risk? This will result in total decreased limit in SBI cards.😑

This is weird. Then how can I take the risk? This will result in total decreased limit in SBI cards.😑
Yes this is the reality.

Many SBI card holders transferred limit to their preferred card by applying a new card and closed same after transferring limit.

So SBI periodically reviews each card now and many card limit get reduced in past.

Better if you want then go through income docs

Back