• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a phone deal under 25k in Aug/Sep 2024

As for Credit cards, that's my other love ,which even my GF is jealous of, if I'm not listening to her spending too much time on phone, she'll yell at me for spending way too much time on TF community 😅
same story with Bugs too and took a decision to leave.
cc : @Vasuki @SSV
GIF by Looney Tunes

How good is Motorola with OS / SW updates ?
I was thinking of 50 fusion. What's your opinion between these two
To be honest, it's absolutely horrible.

I've been reading lenovo's phone forum (Motorola's parent company), and there are so many negative reviews regarding the OS/SW. Despite the negative reviews, I still chose that phone for my mother because she doesn't cares about these issues.

I bought the Motorola Edge 50 Pro (got for around 25k with exchange) for her, and it has a security patch of May. We are in August now, so yeah they are not punctual with updates.

Her requirements were: a good camera (even in low light), a good screen (OLED) with decent performance, and especially no bloatware. It's a decent phone for day-to-day usage and great for parents.

I'm using the Nothing Phone (2).
i am using edge 30 from past 2 years, there is no problem with design looks and upgrades/updates at all.

the only issue i faced is the battery which drained in 1,5 years. it was expected a little bit because its 156gram phone and with cover its 174grams

i am using edge 30 from past 2 years, there is no problem with design looks and upgrades/updates at all.

the only issue i faced is the battery which drained in 1,5 years. it was expected a little bit because its 156gram phone and with cover its 174grams
Thanks for the review bro. Looks like motorola is doing great in its game

I wish there were more non chinese phone brands ,
Whatever happened to the likes of Nokia ,Sony ,Asus ,HTC ,Palm and Blackberry
I know Motorola and Alcatel got bought out by chinese giants,
Apple and Samsung are the only non chinese options left, and they also manufactur partly or whole in China

Makes me a little sad

HTC is launching a phone after a long time. No idea when will it come to India. But honestly HTC phones are just superb.. wish they kept going at it.
My first Droid was HTC wildfire. Was a good phone at that point in time!!

Thanks for the review bro. Looks like motorola is doing great in its game
yes, my sole reason for buying this phone was its weught. No other variant or even any phone at all comes below this weight (there are some phones below this weight but way smaller in screen size), its super light

yes, my sole reason for buying this phone was its weught. No other variant or even any phone at all comes below this weight (there are some phones below this weight but way smaller in screen size), its super light

Yes my mother has also been using a 30 pro for over a year and the phone is snappy af even today
Motorola it is then. Only decision now is 50 fusion vs 50 pro. If 50 pro comes around 25k it's a steal deal for sure but will have to wait till BBD

why confusing bro..there r 3 tiers..7+gen3..7gen3,7sgen3..
nord 4 has 7+g3..not 7g3..
Yes I am totally aware of all processor types. If you see I have given the specification for Nord Ce 4, not Nord 4. His initial requirement was something within 25k henc the recommendation to go with the ce 4 model which has 7 Gen 3 and not Nord 4 model which I am aware has 7+ gen 3.

If you don't have an urgency it's highly advised to wait for BBD and that too there's like 7 weeks left so it wouldn't be a long wait
One thought though, FK doesn't allow exchange bonus with card discount now. Nevertheless yes my phone is fine for now and I think I should wait for better deals.

One thought though, FK doesn't allow exchange bonus with card discount now. Nevertheless yes my phone is fine for now and I think I should wait for better deals.
You can use cashify to sell your old phone. Also, if you take the money in form of gift vouchers (after selling it in cashify), you get additional 3-4%.

That's what I did ^^

Sold phone in cashify + Used CC discount.

HTC is launching a phone after a long time. No idea when will it come to India. But honestly HTC phones are just superb.. wish they kept going at it.
My first Droid was HTC wildfire. Was a good phone at that point in time!!
Yes... Even I wanted to buy HTC in those days but moto G came as a surprise and bought thst

Let me make it simple for you: If you can somehow get the Motorola Edge 50 Pro for around 25-26K, go for it.

It has everything which fulfills your needs and great phone for a perfect day-to-day usage (a little heavy usage is fine too). The only issue, (in my opinion) is future OS updates. They claim 3 years, and they can give you at least 2 years, plus if she can use it for another 1-2 years beyond that, you're looking at a minimum of 4 years.

What I've observed is that girls primarily care about the camera and the looks of the phone. They don't mind the rest as long as the phone doesn't lag.

Last but not the least, wait till BBD sale. We might be able to get a better phone at that price segment. @Arkapal Sen can help you with that as he claims.
fact++..its a good phone..considering girls care looks and cam more..vivo v series can be an option for her..
nothing phn 2 can be also an optn..great back design with good cam and clean os..
samsung s23 fe can be one option..but since its 25-26k..so i dont think he can go on with it..
moto is good..but..girls focus more on selfie cam..and vivo v series tops there..moto can edge out in that scenario..plus she is using vivo already..so she is used to feature rich funtouch os..and moto where is clean ui..may like by boys..and techie's..but girls will be just oposit..
moto has beep wala call record..which can iritate a girl..as they r couples..funtouch has normal call recording..so..will be great too for her..either way..
oneplus nord 4 is also a great choice..considering his bf..has to get card ready + offers to mix match and give her a phone..

Good advice ,
As for Camera and looks, you're on point

If i can get Edge 50 pro for closer to 25k ,will jump on it,4 yrs support seems plenty

And will wait till FK BBD sale
Motorola and updates should not be considered in the same sentence. So just keep that in mind (unless there's a huge turnaround). Rest edge 50 pro is a good phone as others have suggested. Also consider this, that even though the software is bloat free, it is buggy and not 100% optimized. OnePlus's oxygen os (which is basically color os) is probably more stable, even though it will not be anything like stock android. But OnePlus at least is better (just better, not best) on the update front. So make your choice wisely.

bro..when sale comes..just ping me..i will directly suggest u one phone only..
Last but not the least, wait till BBD sale. We might be able to get a better phone at that price segment.
Should i start buying FK Gyftr vouchers on Amex Reward Mimultiplier this month ,will be able to accumulate 20k by Sep ,will pay rest directly by card

Or there's a good chance of getting card based offers ?

Yes I am totally aware of all processor types. If you see I have given the specification for Nord Ce 4, not Nord 4. His initial requirement was something within 25k henc the recommendation to go with the ce 4 model which has 7 Gen 3 and not Nord 4 model which I am aware has 7+ gen 3.
aha gotcha..ce4 is also a great choice

Back