• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards Tata Neu App - Amazon Pay Gift Cards LIVE now

Nue App is the worst fintech app ever. Slow to load, slow to transact ... thank God I switched to kiwi, escaping the angry looks of the shopkeepers due to slow payments.
True. But it isn't a fintech app though. It's primarily a superapp. They chose the worst tech stack possible and shoved it down the throats of customers. Even on a flagship phone, it feels super bloated and clunky.

Have heard that their tech team was outsourced to TCS instead of having a dedicated in-house team. And have also heard of numerous rumours about their teams slowly shrinking. I'm not sure how long this app would last.

True. But it isn't a fintech app though. It's primarily a superapp. They chose the worst tech stack possible and shoved it down the throats of customers. Even on a flagship phone, it feels super bloated and clunky.

Have heard that their tech team was outsourced to TCS instead of having a dedicated in-house team. And have also heard of numerous rumours about their teams slowly shrinking. I'm not sure how long this app would last.
Wese bhi big basket pe to sare benefits khtm hi kar diya hi inhone 😐 band hi krde to jyada badhiya hai 🫡

Not sure about rumours but we can see ourselves that the app itself has no changes/updates in a year at least.
Same sh#tty UX.

Wese bhi big basket pe to sare benefits khtm hi kar diya hi inhone 😐 band hi krde to jyada badhiya hai 🫡
True that. Minimum free delivery threshold ab ₹1K hai. Upar se flat ₹6 platform fees regardless of order value, and less discount on most products. I haven't used BigBasket for over 3 months. Just used BBNow recently 2-3 times. Earlier I was a regular customer and used to shop often.

Here are the details about the rumour:

The experience of buying gift cards is awful on the Tata Neu app! Once the transaction fails, good luck getting a refund.

I tried buying an Amazon Pay Gift Card on 3rd September, evening. Although the money was deducted from my credit card, their "robust" platform showed an error right after the payment was completed, and hence it couldn't place the order. Even in Gift Cards' order history, I can't find it there.

Thankfully, in Tata Neu's transaction history, that transaction is being reflected and is marked as "Successful."

However, ideally, any robust platform would initiate a refund automatically within 4 hours if the order is not placed, but Tata Neu didn't. Had to raise a complaint manually yesterday, and it has been more than 24 hours now, yet they haven't initiated the refund!

So, beware of using Tata Neu for gift card purchases!
Agree 100%.Tata neu app is full of glitches and is laggy.No direct contact with customer care only thru email and the chat bot.
Not many alternatives to buy amazon pay gift cards with 5% return.I use sbi cashback card on amazon app and tata neu infinity card to buy on tata neu app.Suggestions for alternate options welcome.

Sorry, my post was not clear.
I mean to ask, alternatives to Bigbasket for local/grocery shopping.
I see Blinkit, zepto, Instamart, Vijetha in my area.
I'm from the oldest metro city in India, and use the following:
1. Swiggy Instamart: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹199, and flat ₹7 platform fees regardless of order amount. Prices are generally high, offers are less, and product offerings are even lesser. I use it mostly to buy milk due to less minimum free delivery threshold, but not regularly. To pay for the orders, I use Amazon Gift Cards purchased from the Tata Neu app with my Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card, so essentially I get 5% cashback. LOL.

2. Amazon Fresh: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹249, and no platform fees. Prices are high even after 5% cashback with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card, and product offerings are less. I use it rarely lately.

3. Flipkart Grocery: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹299, and no platform fees. Prices are really cheaper compared to other platforms, but product offerings are less. Also, they don't sell fruits, vegetables, and dairy products anymore. Just hate the fact their available delivery schedules are usually far from the order date. However, I have been using it regularly now.

4. Blinkit: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹299 and platform fees of flat ₹4. Don't use it much, as their product offerings are less and prices are generally high with less offers. Used to be their regular customer when they used to be called Grofers and weren't acquired by Zomato.

Apart from these, I really like BigBasket though, including its BBNow, since I have the Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank credit card. Sometimes over ₹2500 purchases, you get around ₹500-700 off after applying cashback and instant discount offers, which is really nice. Their product offerings are quite vast, and UX is amazing too. But just hate the fact they have less delivery schedules per day, but generally next day schedule is available. And also hate that if you buy vegetables from them, even if there's a 5g increase, they add a debit to your BB Wallet, and so the next time you shop, that amount is added to your total order value.

Last edited:
I'm from the oldest metro city in India, and use the following:
1. Swiggy Instamart: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹199. And flat ₹7 platform fees regardless of order amount. Prices are very high, offers are less, and product offerings are even lesser. I use it mostly to buy milk, but not regularly.

2. Amazon Fresh: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹249, and no platform fees. Prices are high even after 5% cashback with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card, and product offerings are less. I use it rarely lately.

3. Flipkart Grocery: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹299, and no platform fees. Prices are really cheaper compared to other platforms, but product offerings are less. Also, they don't sell fruits, vegetables, and dairy products anymore. Just hate the fact their available delivery schedules far from order date. Been using it regularly now.

4. Blinkit: Minimum free delivery threshold is ₹299 and platform fees of flat ₹4. Don't use it much, as their product offerings are less and prices are generally high with less offers. Used to be their regular customer when they used to be called Grofers and weren't acquired by Zomato.

Apart from these, I really like BigBasket though, including its BBNow, since I have the Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank credit card. Sometimes over ₹2500 purchases, you get around ₹500-700 off after applying cashback and instant discount offers, which is really nice. Their product offerings are quite vast, and UX is amazing too. But just hate the fact they have less delivery schedules per day, and generally next day schedule is available, and also hate that if you buy vegetables from them, even if there's a 5g increase, they add a debit to your BB Wallet, and so the next time you shop, that amount is added to your total order value.
Ye kehna chah rhe hain ki ye kolkata se hai 😅😂 bdhiya hai intro dene k liye

Back