• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB HPCL Energie CC upgrade/downgrade/LTF conversion - Suggestions needed

Sriim

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I got my HPCL Energie CC as my first fuel CC in September 2023 and ended up spending 35k within Feb 15 2024 out of the 50k required for annual fee waiver

Later I found out about Park+ via TF. 500 off 2000 vouchers almost every week on burning park+ petrol and double dipping with 5% CB from SBI CB took my fuel savings to more than 28% from mid Feb to date. As I've ended up burning all my park+ petrol and it has become much tougher to accumulate it again, best I can get from now on is 2% + 5% on SBI CB (but you never know when they'll change the MCC to ineligible)

TF also led me to get Kotak IOCL CC LTF just 1 month before the ban. I've not used it yet, but I'm pretty confident it can't be worse that BOB HPCL

I also became aware that HP pay accepts ICICI fastag. Even though it's not smooth and I've been able to successfully use it only once, it's one other option I have.

Now that I have 3 options that are at least as rewarding, if not better than my BOB HPCL CC, I'm thinking of getting rid of it as paying fees for it doesn't make sense nor does spending the remaining 12-15k for waiver.

I tried my luck asking for LTF conversion by email as many are getting LTF virtual BOB HPCL but was denied

Is it possible to upgrade/downgrade it to any BOB card but LTF? Reward rate on the card doesn't matter as I would use it only for BOB card offers.

Or is cancelling the card the only option (cancelling and applying for a fresh BOB card feels cumbersome because they took 1 month and multiple prompts to approve this card in the first place)

Which of Easy/Select/Premier/SD will be easier to obtain as upgrade/downgrade from HPCL Energie? Anyone with relevant experience, kindly guide

Thanks

Back