• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
I have received my DCB upgrade from Regalia 2 months back through the alumni offer and had a limit of 8L+. Should I try for Infinia now?
You can try. 8L is the minimum limit and nowadays the good chance limit is 10L. But, there is no harm in trying. Many people also suggest to spend 6L+ in last 6 months before applying for upgrade. You won't know until you try your luck. Go for it! (y)
Go for "postal mail/courier to HDFC chennai" method. Ignore RMs/BMs, they are useless with card upgrade. Best tested method is the old tech method of sending physical forms/docs to Chennai.

EDIT/NOTE: I have a lil doubt about asking for Card upgrade when you got an upgraded card just 2 months back. Let's wait for response from more people who have experience with getting 2x card upgrades in less than 6 months. With Limit enhancement, most people suggest to wait for 6 months from the last LE. So, just thinking if similar 6 months waiting rule applies to back to back Card Upgrades too. Let's see what others have to say about this scenario.

Anyone know if DCB annual membership benefits stay if you upgrade to infinia?.

Have some exisiting memberships active and want to renew them with the DCB ones when they expire like Amazon Prime.

Hey Folks,

I currently hold a regalia with 8.5 lakhs CL and want to get upgraded to Infinia (FYF/paid), seeking expert advice if I am going the right way or not.

A little context on my relation with HDFC:
  • Salary account since 2015
  • Had preferred account since 2016
  • Recently in March Got upgraded to Imperia Banking in 2023 (Had to ask for it, they didn't auto upgrade or gave me an offer in netbanking) They upgraded based on my TRV (Savings, FD, RD) with HDFC
  • Recently opened my wife's Salary account in May 2023 under my imperia family group
  • I have HDFC Regalia with 8.5 lakhs limit (got it converted to Rupay in May but then got Tata neu infinity LTF so using that for all UPI payments)
  • In last 8 years of holding CC with HDFC, never had any late payment
When I got upgraded to Imperia this year, I was told that I can get a DCB card but on paid basis. I told them I want it LTF but they denied. Discussion for DCB LTF went on for a very long time but nothing happened. Then I sat quietly, but after seeing this thread recently thought of taking FYF Infinia and thought to reinitiate this discussion with my RM and through all emails.

So far
1. I have explained whole situation to my RM yesterday and he said he'll try his level best to make an exception and get me the FYF Infinia but then he also mentioned it is pretty strict and as I don't do much spend on Regalia and my limit is 8.5 lakhs instead of 10 lakhs it is little difficult. I have told him that i'll close the whole family group with HDFC if I don't get it.. but his stand was same that it is tough to get.
2. I have also sent mails yesterday to Grievance team, Priority CC service email, imperia email id, infinia card service, Parag Rao, Sashi and a few more email IDs that I found on TF community :p
3. I have also talked to Imperia Banking Customer Care and they too said they have escalated it to their internal product team and waiting for response, but they also mentioned the same thing that it might happen or might not happen as you don't meet the spend criteria and your CL is less than 10 Lakhs.

Experts.. pls suggest what else can I do (if anything) to get my card approved? I am holding good amount with them in Savings and FDs still they don't value the relationship.. First they denied my DCB LTF even with Imperia criteria being fulfiled because my spends were not in the range that they require.. now I don't want my Infinia upgrade request to be denied... Pls help !!

Hey Folks,

I currently hold a regalia with 8.5 lakhs CL and want to get upgraded to Infinia (FYF/paid), seeking expert advice if I am going the right way or not.

A little context on my relation with HDFC:
  • Salary account since 2015
  • Had preferred account since 2016
  • Recently in March Got upgraded to Imperia Banking in 2023 (Had to ask for it, they didn't auto upgrade or gave me an offer in netbanking) They upgraded based on my TRV (Savings, FD, RD) with HDFC
  • Recently opened my wife's Salary account in May 2023 under my imperia family group
  • I have HDFC Regalia with 8.5 lakhs limit (got it converted to Rupay in May but then got Tata neu infinity LTF so using that for all UPI payments)
  • In last 8 years of holding CC with HDFC, never had any late payment
When I got upgraded to Imperia this year, I was told that I can get a DCB card but on paid basis. I told them I want it LTF but they denied. Discussion for DCB LTF went on for a very long time but nothing happened. Then I sat quietly, but after seeing this thread recently thought of taking FYF Infinia and thought to reinitiate this discussion with my RM and through all emails.

So far
1. I have explained whole situation to my RM yesterday and he said he'll try his level best to make an exception and get me the FYF Infinia but then he also mentioned it is pretty strict and as I don't do much spend on Regalia and my limit is 8.5 lakhs instead of 10 lakhs it is little difficult. I have told him that i'll close the whole family group with HDFC if I don't get it.. but his stand was same that it is tough to get.
2. I have also sent mails yesterday to Grievance team, Priority CC service email, imperia email id, infinia card service, Parag Rao, Sashi and a few more email IDs that I found on TF community :p
3. I have also talked to Imperia Banking Customer Care and they too said they have escalated it to their internal product team and waiting for response, but they also mentioned the same thing that it might happen or might not happen as you don't meet the spend criteria and your CL is less than 10 Lakhs.

Experts.. pls suggest what else can I do (if anything) to get my card approved? I am holding good amount with them in Savings and FDs still they don't value the relationship.. First they denied my DCB LTF even with Imperia criteria being fulfiled because my spends were not in the range that they require.. now I don't want my Infinia upgrade request to be denied... Pls help

To my opinion u r much eligible... Wait for response.. If you have any other account, try to transfer temporaryily and threaten.. Try to esclate to Branch head level.. Or ppl in this community advised to send old shool courier to Chennai CC division.. This my personal suggestion (bcoz i m trying for DCB LTF from Regalia 6L CL)..... wait for any other better suggestions from others here...

Have u tried DCB with Alumni offer???..

Experts.. pls suggest what else can I do (if anything) to get my card approved? I am holding good amount with them in Savings and FDs still they don't value the relationship.. First they denied my DCB LTF even with Imperia criteria being fulfiled because my spends were not in the range that they require.. now I don't want my Infinia upgrade request to be denied... Pls help !!

The one weak point - as your RM pointed out - is that you don't have significant spends on your Regalia. I personally think your CL is okay. Since you've written to many email addresses perhaps something will work out. If not, I suggest that you put *all* your spends on the Regalia for a period of 6 months. Then write to the grievance team with your (1) CL (2) spends in the last 6 months (around a 1L a month is what has worked for others) and (3) your net relationship with the bank. I would be surprised if that didn't work...

To my opinion u r much eligible... Wait for response.. If you have any other account, try to transfer temporaryily and threaten.. Try to esclate to Branch head level.. Or ppl in this community advised to send old shool courier to Chennai CC division.. This my personal suggestion (bcoz i m trying for DCB LTF from Regalia 6L CL)..... wait for any other better suggestions from others here...

Have u tried DCB with Alumni offer???..
I have already threatened in the mail to completely close all my relationship (Imperia family group accounts) with HDFC if card is not upgraded..
I can't take DCB through Alumni offer as I am not from one of those "prestigious" institutes
How much ever hard you work in your life, you still need that IIT/IIM tag to prove you are worth the relation with HDFC it seem :-(

Last edited:
The one weak point - as your RM pointed out - is that you don't have significant spends on your Regalia. I personally think your CL is okay. Since you've written to many email addresses perhaps something will work out. If not, I suggest that you put *all* your spends on the Regalia for a period of 6 months. Then write to the grievance team with your (1) CL (2) spends in the last 6 months (around a 1L a month is what has worked for others) and (3) your net relationship with the bank. I would be surprised if that didn't work...
I thought of shifting my expenses to Regalia multiple times, but the problem is the reward rate. Also my spends in a month on CC are not more than 20k in a month (I am a conservative spender). The most I spend is on Mutual Funds and Other investments and then paying my helps.. for all of which I need to use UPI/Netbanking and for other offline spends I use Tata Neu Infinity (for UPI) and Axis Ace.
I already have a SBI cashback card which provides me real 5% cashback which Regalia does not beat. And as I mentioned my maximum spend on all credit cards combined is not more than 20-30k in a month (some months being exception of around 70-80k), so even if I move all my expenses to Regalia still how to reach that 6 month 7.5 lakh expenditure milestone for Infinia?

I told my RM also that if I would have got DCB at least LTF then I would have moved my expenses on that as reward rate is better there but can't spend on Regalia.

I thought of shifting my expenses to Regalia multiple times, but the problem is the reward rate. Also my spends in a month on CC are not more than 20k in a month (I am a conservative spender). The most I spend is on Mutual Funds and Other investments and then paying my helps.. for all of which I need to use UPI/Netbanking and for other offline spends I use Tata Neu Infinity (for UPI) and Axis Ace.
I already have a SBI cashback card which provides me real 5% cashback which Regalia does not beat. And as I mentioned my maximum spend on all credit cards combined is not more than 20-30k in a month (some months being exception of around 70-80k), so even if I move all my expenses to Regalia still how to reach that 6 month 7.5 lakh expenditure milestone for Infinia?

I told my RM also that if I would have got DCB at least LTF then I would have moved my expenses on that as reward rate is better there but can't spend on Regalia.

Perhaps not what you want to hear but for the spending profile you describe, it may not be worth pursuing a super-premium card. I believe a DCB and an Infinia work best for users who spend primarily through their credit cards. There are many many customers who spend a lot but not using their credit cards (UPI, netbanking, no interest in or awareness of cards and so on). For such people, super-premium cards are not worth the effort that goes into getting them. If your HDFC relationship works well otherwise, I would not give it up simply for this...

Back