• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jio Recharge plan Hike

What we need is unlimited internet.
You never know when you're heading out and then might need to work from there so just having additional/unlimited data feels good.

Otherwise you're on a road trip, playing music on Spotify and the next thing you know the navigation has stopped because you used up all your data.

Reactions: BMR
You never know when you're heading out and then might need to work from there so just having additional/unlimited data feels good.

Otherwise you're on a road trip, playing music on Spotify and the next thing you know the navigation has stopped because you used up all your data.
Exactly
I travel and teach
And having unlimited 5g feels comfortable.

And I'm a lot in the mountains these days. Having 5 g randomly in the forest and I can take a quick meeting

Unlike you we live a life of travel
I also have to travel a lot. That too in places where network can be troublesome. So I am forced to have all 4 networks. Airtel & Jio on postpaid, Vi & MTNL (BSNL) on prepaid as backups, all plans on volume data with no daily limit. But while traveling, rarely found the need for very high volume of data. The monthly limits are good enough. Daily limit data never worked for me as when I really needed data, it was not enough.
Still miss the stability and reach of CDMA-EVDO in remote locations. 4G/5G has not been above to match it.
I am from the walkman/mp3 generation so mostly carry my own music, with no dependency on data and my kindle.
As for navigation, again I prefer local map based apps like sygic & mappls. My own experience has been that when you really need them, the network would not be there.

Last edited:
BSNL a better value?! Are you serious?

All they can offer at my place (an important smaller, but populous, town) is 2G for Internet (even 3G doesn't work)! Still they force customers to buy plans that include data (which is, of course, of no use)!
You must be fun at parties 👀

I'm sorry if your emojis were intended to convey something! -- I don't speak that language, unfortunately. Images of any kind are turned off by default for me. -- I'm an all-text person. So if it's there in the text, I'm likely to get it. Otherwise not.
Boomer spotted 💀

Back