• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Method to Generate OTP for HDFC Add-On Credit Cards - Test and Share Your Experience!

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Hello forum members,

I recently stumbled upon a potential method to generate OTPs for HDFC Add-On Credit Cards, which allows for completing Ecommerce transactions. I decided to share my findings with all of you and encourage you to test it out and share your experiences here.

Here's the step-by-step process I followed:

1. When making an online transaction using an HDFC Add-On Credit Card, the OTP is typically sent to the primary cardholder's registered mobile number.
2. However, I discovered that by sending an SMS to 5676712, the add-on cardholder can request a pre-OTP at their own registered mobile number.
3. The SMS format is as follows: "addonpwd_last 4 digits of the card number" (e.g., "addonpwd_1234").
4. Upon sending this SMS, a pre-OTP is generated and sent to the add-on cardholder's registered mobile number.

Please note that I have only been able to receive the pre-OTP through this method. I haven't tested whether this pre-OTP works when entered on the transaction page. Therefore, it would be immensely helpful if those who try it out can provide updates on whether it worked for them or not.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and any further insights you might have regarding this method. Let's collaborate and help each other

Happy testing!

Requesting better do try with a transaction and post the update here to make your post more valuable in terms of knowledge sharing.
I successfully completed a transaction on paytm add money using the HDFC Add-On Credit Card method I shared earlier. The add-on cardholder's registered mobile number received the OTP, and I entered it to complete the transaction. Please note that the transaction completion message was sent to the primary cardholder's number.

OTP was not received on primary card holders number because I requested for pre otp on add on number

As card nos are same as Primiary card holder that's OTP comes on Primary card holders mobile only.
Under normal circumstances, the OTP will be sent only to the primary number. However, if we request a pre-OTP on an addon number, the OTP will not be sent to the primary cardholder's number until the pre-OTP received on the addon cardholder's number expires.

You should be awarded best banker prize bro. Tq for your work . Since you shared with the proof. But I am unabe to understand it.
I have an add on card . Can you share your mail or insta , so that you can clear my doubts in 3 min . Tq kindly reply me bro
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you found the information helpful. If you have any doubts, please feel free to ask them here on the Technofino forum. This way, others can benefit from the discussion too. However, if you're more comfortable discussing privately, you can DM me on this forum. Looking forward to helping you out.

Back