• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis card blocked - Axishit deserves all the Hate it gets

Predator

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I made a payment to my card and Axis credited that amount twice (due to some technical issue, as per them) and reversed one credit entry 5-6 days later on, which resulted in my outstanding balance being more than the card limit allotted to me. I was shocked to see so much outstanding balance and talked to them over call, They explained the technical issue and I cleared all the remaining amount due immediately.

All this happened around 20 days back and this week I was on a trip to J&K and tried using my Atlas card for payments. Only the first payment of Rs 200 something went through and the rest of the payments were declined and I received an email saying the card was declined due to invalid card status for all the subsequent payments.

talked to them yesterday and as per them card is blocked card for using it more than the limit, whereas my outstanding balance is very much less than the limit allotted to me. It went above the limit only once and that too 20 days ago and due to their issue.
Now they want me to make the full payment for unblocking the card.

Saalo ko kahi aur se Open karne ka man krta hai, khoon pi liya h customers ka.
Screenshot (567).png Screenshot (569).png

I made a payment to my card and Axis credited that amount twice (due to some technical issue, as per them) and reversed one credit entry 5-6 days later on, which resulted in my outstanding balance being more than the card limit allotted to me. I was shocked to see so much outstanding balance and talked to them over call, They explained the technical issue and I cleared all the remaining amount due immediately.

All this happened around 20 days back and this week I was on a trip to J&K and tried using my Atlas card for payments. Only the first payment of Rs 200 something went through and the rest of the payments were declined and I received an email saying the card was declined due to invalid card status for all the subsequent payments.

talked to them yesterday and as per them card is blocked card for using it more than the limit, whereas my outstanding balance is very much less than the limit allotted to me. It went above the limit only once and that too 20 days ago and due to their issue.
Now they want me to make the full payment for unblocking the card.

Saalo ko kahi aur se Open karne ka man krta hai, khoon pi liya h customers ka.
View attachment 58997View attachment 58998
Complain on Twitter

But why aren't you making the entire full payment before the statement generation date?
This way your statement will be generated for Rs.zero and your CIBIL score will go up due to low utilization ratio.

Don't make part payments, always pay the full amount
Already made full payment of previous statement.
The current outstanding's statement would be generated next month.

And utilisation is calculated over total credit limit of all the cards, so it will always be low, considering the number of cards we all have, here. So, it doesn't carry much impact imo

Already made full payment of previous statement.
The current outstanding's statement would be generated next month.

And utilisation is calculated over total credit limit of all the cards, so it will always be low, considering the number of cards we all have, here. So, it doesn't carry much impact imo
You should never allow utilization on one particular card to go above the credit limit allotted.

immediately do IMPS of the entire outstanding when you're coming within 10,000 of the limit

Credit cards are very profitable when used judiciously.
never go over your limit because there will be heavy charges and fines and penalties and worst case scenario they will block your card

10k is too low... Your maximum time will be going into calculations, ensuing the bill below 10k
If your limit is one lac, you should not spend more than 90000 and if 5 lakhs, you should not spend more than 4.9 lakhs.
Even if you accidentally spend the entire 1 lakh you should immediately pay back by IMPS, and bring the outstanding to zero, not pay only half

I
Say, amount due is 1 lakh and limit is also 1 lakh.
I paid 50k, but 50k+ 50k = 1 lakh got settled, then spent 60k on card. Now when extra 50k got reversed the total due of card becomes 1.10L, 10k more than limit
I don't see the issue. You have a limit of 1 Lakh, and you have spent a net of 1.1L on it. 50k from last statement that you haven't paid, 60k now. The bank is well within their rights to decline transactions at this point. Yes, they fucked up by crediting 50k extra, but it looks like you acted with the assumption that the money was there to stay. I hate how Axis operates too but you dug this hole yourself, and now they might infact have an excuse to charge you overlimit fees on top of the inconvenience.

Say, amount due is 1 lakh and limit is also 1 lakh.
I paid 50k, but 50k+ 50k = 1 lakh got settled, then spent 60k on card. Now when extra 50k got reversed the total due of card becomes 1.10L, 10k more than limit
By your own calculation, you owe 1.1 lakh which is obviously over the limit. How is Axis to blame here?

Back