• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC offering Infinia against investment - is it worth it?

I read in this forum that we can get Infinia by investment route. I enquired about it with bank. They are offering Infinia if I invest 1.5 Lakh/year (earlier they were demanding 2 Lakh/year, but when I declined they came down to 1.5, and now they are eager to sell the policy, calling multiple times a day saying they got approval for Infinia). They are saying I can surrender the policy after 3 years and get the money back. I have few questions: How much money I will get back if I surrender the policy after 3 years (they are claiming I will get back 6-6.5 lakhs) ?
Is it worth it to invest 1.5 Lakh to get Infinia? I have Regalia Gold.
Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Note: Infinia offered is not LTF. They are claiming RBI made some rules, so they cannot offer LTF for super premium cards.
Policy offered is Sampoorna Jeevan

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I read in this forum that we can get Infinia by investment route. I enquired about it with bank. They are offering Infinia if I invest 1.5 Lakh/year (earlier they were demanding 2 Lakh/year, but when I declined they came down to 1.5, and now they are eager to sell the policy, calling multiple times a day saying they got approval for Infinia). They are saying I can surrender the policy after 3 years and get the money back. I have few questions: How much money I will get back if I surrender the policy after 3 years (they are claiming I will get back 6-6.5 lakhs) ?
Note: Infinia offered is not LTF. They are claiming RBI made some rules, so they cannot offer LTF for super premium cards.
Yeah been there, they are thread on this by me. I didn't opt. I know one person who might have taken up the offer. You can negotiate for 30k p.m and it should be LTF. Don't take FYF. LTF will be issued and whoever said super premium can't be issued is lying to you.

Yeah been there, they are thread on this by me. I didn't opt. I know one person who might have taken up the offer. You can negotiate for 30k p.m and it should be LTF. Don't take FYF. LTF will be issued and whoever said super premium can't be issued is lying to you.
30k/month will be 3.6L/year. Are you suggesting to pay just 1 installment?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
30k/month will be 3.6L/year. Are you suggesting to pay just 1 installment?
No for 30k p.m x 5 year My rm gave me the last offer to invest in some investment plan.. just like your. I said no. The thing is more and more people are getting infinia through investment and hdfc once put out infinia reserve then thing will change. So please search for existing thread and take decision.

mnh007786

TF Buzz
Yesterday HDFC Bank told me that keeping 5 lacs balance in for months. Then he will provide Infinia Card. I have Regalia Card and Saving Max Account in HDFC Bank.

It is true that keeping a balance of 5 lakhs for 4 months can potentially make you eligible for the Infinia Card, even though it's currently not being offered.

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yesterday HDFC Bank told me that keeping 5 lacs balance in for months. Then he will provide Infinia Card. I have Regalia Card and Saving Max Account in HDFC Bank.

It is true that keeping a balance of 5 lakhs for 4 months can potentially make you eligible for the Infinia Card, even though it's currently not being offered.
Year end stunt bro, don't fall for this trap, many having 50L and above in their banks still doesn't qualify for infinia.If With just savings account Infinia qualified, right at this moment it would be there in many hands.

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I had kept 6+ lacs for a period of 6 months. They just asked me for investment and told me Infinia needs more.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

Imperia customer are having a hard time to get infinia.

D₹V

TF Prestige
@S S V will suggest better

If you are asking this question means it's not worth taking infinia via ULIP.
You don't have enough spends/ may not b2 utilise the non spend benefits
My spends are around 4-5 Lakh/year, might increase in upcoming years. What is bothering me is devaluation of HDFC cards and manager outright claiming Infinia has not devalued even one time is past which is not totally correct.

Manager was like sir the card which gives similar benefits to Infinia is Amex Plat Charge and it costs 60k/year. Here you will pay just 12.5k/year

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Manager was like sir the card which gives similar benefits to Infinia is Amex Plat Charge and it costs 60k/year. Here you will pay just 12.5k/year
Don't believe a word these "managers" say. Surrender policy in 3 yrs for 6L back? Give it in writing.

My cluster head told me that I should take regalia gold if I'm not getting infinia (I have 5L avg in savings). He tried to convince me regalia gold is BETTER than my current DCB. I'm now planing to shift branches.

Don't believe a word these "managers" say. Surrender policy in 3 yrs for 6L back? Give it in writing.

My cluster head told me that I should take regalia gold if I'm not getting infinia (I have 5L avg in savings). He tried to convince me regalia gold is BETTER than my current DCB. I'm now planing to shift branches.
Manager told me to buy policy via my existing Regalia Gold Credit Card claiming the spend will ve transferred to Infinia Credit Card after approval and it will counted towards Annual milestone (for fee waiver). How true is that? Any suggestions?