• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Upgrading Select Credit Card to Wealth Credit Card

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
IDFC started upgrading IDFC Select Credit Card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card on request.

Process:

- Call to customer care.
- Tell them that you want to upgrade Select CC to Wealth CC.
- They will deny saying that Wealth CC has a minimum floor CL of 5L and we cannot upgrade.
- Inform that you've been using your select card well for the past 3-6 months.
- They will deny again (If possible).
- Then tell that many of our friends are getting it upgraded to Wealth CC from Select CC.
- They will take the request for upgrade.

1722341017292.webp
-Within 1 working day the request has been processed to Wealth CC.

1722341384502.webp

Note:

1. We have tried 3 cards within our friends and family circle and all have been approved.
2. All the members are having CL more than 2L (So not sure of Select cards <2L Credit limit).
3. I have Wealth account.

Appreciation: This was informed by @zaid_2913 in one of the post.

Update at 9pm on 30-07-2024: Seems Savings account needed for this trick. (Wealth Worked for me and Select worked for my friend)

Last edited:
Good, enjoy. They have been consistently denying my card upgrade. I didn't threaten them with card closure, I should have done it.
If the present card is not too important for you, you can try the card closure route. Though, be ready if they just close your card. I was ready and totally did not expect the upgrade.

Reactions: BVC
I would like to mention my experience.
I did not use my card at all, applied for Wealth initially and for some reason it changed to Select during the application. They told me I can apply for upgrade after 3 months. So I waited, didn't use it at all and then applied for upgrade after the 3rd statement was generated. They declined of course, no limit enhancement was given, no upgrade either, so I put in a card closure request. They retained me by upgrading my card without enhancing the limit and I do not have any savings account with them (no prior relationship either). But, I do have CL more than 2L.
Yes there are many scenarios and many cases where upgrade can be happened without 5L credit limit.

Good, enjoy. They have been consistently denying my card upgrade. I didn't threaten them with card closure, I should have done it.
While threatening to close the card, be ready for the card closure. Because that might happen. But later on you can apply with different mobile number and you can change mobile number after card approval.

If the present card is not too important for you, you can try the card closure route. Though, be ready if they just close your card. I was ready and totally did not expect the upgrade.
I will definitely close it after I redeem the points. Thinking of doing that in one shot. After this month's bill, I will be getting around 8k points. Will redeem then. What is the best way to redeem, any advice? Will have around 35-40K points. Hope 10x is applicable on air ticket purchase. Can't believe in IDFC anymore. I have more grievances against that horrible bank than this. Will share it in a couple days.

Last edited:
Yes, but you get Addl Intl lounge access,Paytm BOGO (upto 250 per ticket),Airport Spa access (upto 2/Qtr) and Visa Infinte Credit card can be added benefits with 20K spends.
So can we spend 20000 on Ease my deal or Snapay and then get the these benefits of spa and lounge?

Mujhe pre-approved mil raha hai idfc select with 4.37L limit aur IDFC first select savings acc bhi hai

Agar mai abhi select cc lelu toh wealth me upgrade hone ka kitna chance hai?

First customer care refused to give after giving all three examples of my friends getting it and without 500000 and I am holding the card for more than 2 years.
They need Income tax returns and will do a CIBIL hit.

When second customer care repeated the same thing I told him to close the card because he is not willing to accept the request to change to wealth, without limit increase.

so he took the request and the card got permanently blocked in 5 seconds
Sorry to see the outcome and hope you are okay with outcome.

IDFC started upgrading IDFC Select Credit Card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card on request.

Process:

- Call to customer care.
- Tell them that you want to upgrade Select CC to Wealth CC.
- They will deny saying that Wealth CC has a minimum floor CL of 5L and we cannot upgrade.
- Inform that you've been using your select card well for the past 3-6 months.
- They will deny again (If possible).
- Then tell that many of our friends are getting it upgraded to Wealth CC from Select CC.
- They will take the request for upgrade.

View attachment 63227
-Within 1 working day the request has been processed to Wealth CC.

View attachment 63228

Note:

1. We have tried 3 cards within our friends and family circle and all have been approved.
2. All the members are having CL more than 2L (So not sure of Select cards <2L Credit limit).
3. I have Wealth account.

Appreciation: This was informed by @zaid_2913 in one of the post.

Update at 9pm on 30-07-2024: Seems Savings account needed for this trick. (Wealth Worked for me and Select worked for my friend)
Good information.
Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to see the outcome and hope you are okay with outcome.is 2 years old
Sorry to see the outcome and hope you are okay with outcome.
This card is more than 2 years old.

I only used it once at the airport to get 15% discount on duty free shopping otherwise I have never used it

Good information.
Thanks for sharing.
It is not so easy.
My IDFC select card got permanently blocked

I had asked customer care and he took card upgrade request from select to wealth without limit enhancement. How much time will it take to upgrade as full 24 hrs have passed? Is there a possibility that even after raising service request card upgrade is denied?

Back