• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Rupay select with no joining fees!?

redcarpet

TF Premier
Hi all,
According to this: https://www.pnbindia.in/PreQualified-Credit-Card.html
50/60k QAB customers can get PNB Rupay select without any joining fees, However in MITC pdf, it says Joining fees is applicable.
Did anyone get the card with no joining fees through this approach?
Also there were some posts mentioning people getting this card as unconditional ltf, just curious if its still possible and if so how?

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,
50/60k QAB customers can get PNB Rupay select without any joining fees, However in MITC pdf, it says Joining fees is applicable.
Also there were some posts mentioning people getting this card as unconditional ltf, just curious if its still possible and if so how?
this Pre-approved card basis the MAB thing in normal saving account doesn't work in PNB...You maintain even 1 lakh in your account, you wont get this pre-approved offer, unless yours is a salary account.

PS - It is based on my own experience, and not as per circular/rules.

redcarpet

TF Premier
this Pre-approved card basis the MAB thing in normal saving account doesn't work in PNB...You maintain even 1 lakh in your account, you wont get this pre-approved offer, unless yours is a salary account.

PS - It is based on my own experience, and not as per circular/rules.
But as per website own FAQ it should be possible if one satisfies all 9 eligibility criteria. We can theoretically fight it out and even escalate to RBI but need perseverance.
Curious to know about unconditional ltf possible now though

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But as per website own FAQ it should be possible if one satisfies all 9 eligibility criteria. We can theoretically fight it out and even escalate to RBI but need perseverance.
Curious to know about unconditional ltf possible now though
they wont update all 9 criteria like education and company for a normal salary account, and I guess that is considered for PQCC..... I maintained 50K+ for more than a quarter (without my edu & employer details).... but dint get any offer!!

edit - they will consider, but are usually not interested in doing anything other than the bare minimum.

redcarpet

TF Premier
they wont update all 9 criteria like education and company for a normal salary account, and I guess that is considered for PQCC..... I maintained 50K+ for more than a quarter (without my edu & employer details).... but dint get any offer!!

edit - they will consider, but are usually not interested in doing anything other than the bare minimum.
They explicitly mentioned all 9 criteria:

"However, customer details fetched from above categories are assessed their eligibility only if they fulfil all nine eligibility criteria i.e., Age, Educational Qualification, Gross Annual Income, CIBIL Score (For Staff, Ex-staff, Salaried, Customers having account under Rakshak Plus Scheme à 700 & above, 0 & -1* AND for Housing Loan Borrowers, Car Loan Borrowers, Personal Loan Borrowers & QAB based customers à 750 & above ), No Delinquent Credit Facility (For last 12 months no instance of DPD 90+days), Overdue amount, Written off/Settled/Suit Filed amount, CIBIL Inquiry, No Live PNB Card."

If u satisfy all those u should be getting if u check here: https://apply.pnbcard.in:4443/

girish3456

TF Premier
Hi all,
I have applied through a agent who already communicated that joining fee will 500. However it's been almost 3 months from but joining fee has been deducted from the bank. PNB Rupay Select credit card approved on 30th January 2024 but till now joining fee has been deducted for me.

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
I have applied through a agent who already communicated that joining fee will 500. However it's been almost 3 months from but joining fee has been deducted from the bank. PNB Rupay Select credit card approved on 30th January 2024 but till now joining fee has been deducted for me.
Did you provide income proof or approved without income proof?

They explicitly mentioned all 9 criteria:

"However, customer details fetched from above categories are assessed their eligibility only if they fulfil all nine eligibility criteria i.e., Age, Educational Qualification, Gross Annual Income, CIBIL Score (For Staff, Ex-staff, Salaried, Customers having account under Rakshak Plus Scheme à 700 & above, 0 & -1* AND for Housing Loan Borrowers, Car Loan Borrowers, Personal Loan Borrowers & QAB based customers à 750 & above ), No Delinquent Credit Facility (For last 12 months no instance of DPD 90+days), Overdue amount, Written off/Settled/Suit Filed amount, CIBIL Inquiry, No Live PNB Card."

If u satisfy all those u should be getting if u check here: https://apply.pnbcard.in:4443/

The last line indicate that PNB IS IMPLEMENTING ONE-CARD-PER-CUSTOMER POLICY - like Federal.

wiizzard

TF Buzz
Hi all,
My father's PNB account got this offer and I applied for it and received it couple of months back.
It's not unconditional LTF, you still have to transact every quarter to not attract annual fees.

girish3456

TF Premier
Joining fee is there. And they always decline online application. You will have to visit your nearest branch with the docs. They are still in stone age.
Could you please share the snapshot for my reference from the statement for the card joining fee deduction saying what they have deducted, so that I will recheck my statement whether they have deducted for me or not

Pradumya

TF Premier
Hi all,
I opened my first bank account with PNB because my father's account was there. It was 2019.
Since then the account had 25K AMB through out till 2021.
From 2021 the average monthly balance got up to 40k.
I applied for a PNB credit card in Feb 2023 which got rejected.
Then in September 2023 I got a WhatsApp message from PNB that pre qualified offer is available on my account for credit card. (Attached screenshot of WhatsApp) Screenshot_20240402-182051~2.png
I applied via that and got no joining fee offer and 80,000 limit. It was instant approval, no documents, just 10 minutes process. The only card without a vkyc.
The average balance is between 30k to 40k since 2021.

Update - Oriental Bank of commerce also got merged with PNB. I had an account there as well. So combining both accounts the AMB would be around 45k only.

Attachments

• IMG-20230806-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20230806-WA0017.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: